Metroplex
Sponsored by

Steakhouse Recommendations?

11,101 Views | 84 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by TresPuertas
muleshoe
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Metroplex Ags......have a very good friend who recently moved to Dallas, and his father is visiting from Guam.

Recommendations for a good Texas Steakhouse in DFW?

Appreciate anything you can pass along!

AgBQ-00
AG
Del Friscos Double Eagle
Ruth's Chris
Bob's

There's others that are slipping my thoughts right now. I've never had any issues with any of the above.
Communists aren't people. They are property of the state.
mAgnoliAg
AG
DFDE is also on open table so you can have an easy reservation.
harge57
AG
Bobs on Lemon is my favorite.

Next on my list is double eagle.
Coates
Pappas
Town Hearth
Al Biernats

We go to Chamberlain's the most due to location, they also have a cigar bar if your buddy and dad like that sort of thing
380Ag
AG
Ricks Chophouse in downtown McKinney
powerbelly
AG
AgBQ-00 said:

Del Friscos Double Eagle
Ruth's Chris
Bob's

There's others that are slipping my thoughts right now. I've never had any issues with any of the above.
IMO only the Bob's on Lemmon is consistent. The others are very hit or miss.
Buford Tannen
AG
Dallas: Nick and Sam's, Bobs on Lemmon, Al Biernats, Pappas Bros
Fort Worth: Del Friscos, B&B, Silver Fox, Cattlemens (if you really want to go full "Texas")
Stive
AG
Is Three Forks still any good or has it faded off through the years? I used to enjoy it 15 years ago.
Moe Jzyslak
AG
It's fallen off recently in my experience.

The only steakhouse we go to that's consistently amazing and worth the price is Pappas
TresPuertas
AG
….Texas.

it's a great place and good vibe for an out of towner

IMhO the best bone in rib eye in town.
752bro4
AG
A lot of great suggestions here. There are, in my opinion, a few tiers, but any on this list will give you a good to great meal.

Pappas
Del Frisco's
Town Hearth
Al Biernat's

Nick & Sam's
Perry's
Capital Grille
Bob's
Trulucks
Eddie V's

Mortons
Dakotas
Knife
Chamberlain's
Ruth's Chris
Silver Fox
III Forks
AgBQ-00
AG
I've only ever been to the one in Grapevine. Been a couple of times and both times were great. I really want to try the one in Dallas on Lemmon. I have always heard it is better than the others.
Communists aren't people. They are property of the state.
walton91
All good suggestions. Town Hearth has a much cooler, not your typical steakhouse decor/vibe if you are looking for something a little different
wbt5845
AG
If in FTW, and if price is no object, go for the Capital Grille.

I have never been disappointed there nor have I left with any cash left in my pocket.
powerbelly
AG
wbt5845 said:

I have never been disappointed there nor have I left with any cash left in my pocket.
Or Dallas, or Plano
wbt5845
AG
powerbelly said:

wbt5845 said:

Or Dallas, or Plano

Thanks - have not been to those, just the one in FTW. I don't venture to Dallas County much.
ftworthag02
AG
FW, I had a great steak at Grace last year.
Buford Tannen
AG
ftworthag02 said:

I'm extremely embarrassed to admit I forgot GRACE in my post..one of the best in the entire Metroplex.
muleshoe
AG
Wow! Thanks everyone! I'll have to check this forum to see if I can help you all sometime…..
ftworthag02
AG
How could you? We were impressed especially since our daughter is named Grace. We have not been to B&B yet.
AggieMPH2005
Perry's is great as is the Capital Grill and I really like Winewood in Grapevine although it may not be quite the true steakhouse experience you are after: the food is every bit as good.
chick79
AG
Texas in Richardson is very good. It's a Dale Wamstad restaurant. He started Del Frisco's. He's generally there even though he's well into his 80's. The NY Strip is top notch at a great price. Their menu is a bit more diverse than most steakhouses. Plenty of chicken and seafood options as well. Their Texas redfish is amazing.
Proposition Joe
I can't say Grace is the best steak in FW (though I love it), but IMO it's the best high end steakhouse. DF, Capital, etc... have always felt like very corporate steakhouses to me, where at Grace you are routinely going to see the owner walking around making sure everyone is taken care of properly.
Carlo4
AG
albatross said:

ftworthag02 said:

I'm extremely embarrassed to admit I forgot GRACE in my post..one of the best in the entire Metroplex.
Grace? She passed away thirty years ago.
powerbelly
AG
Carlo4 said:

albatross said:

ftworthag02 said:

Grace? She passed away thirty years ago.
TecRecAg
AG
Eating at Ricks then walking over to the Celt is the play!
Candiru
AG
I'll add Fleming's in The shops at Legacy area of Plano to this list. A complete wall of windows makes for a nice view of sunset.
ChoppinDs40
AG
take him to Al Biernat's so he can gawk at true Dallas. Great people watching at the oak lawn location.
Moe Jzyslak
AG
Nick and Sam's so he can see all of the hot 23 year olds with fakers out with their sugar daddies
Trajan88
AG
Speaking of steakhouses... new Eddie V's about to open in Plano on SW corner of Preston and 121 (initially thought it an odd location for that brand, but guess it makes sense... high traffic, high visibility, easy parking since no giant parking garage like at Legacy West)
turf guy ag
B&B is our favorite, Papa's is always reliable. Question, has anyone been to Dee Lincoln Prime? I didn't see that one mentioned.
TAMUallen
AG
Went do Dallas Perry's on Easter for the first time.

Worst steakhouse experience I've ever had.

They weren't even busy. There were empty tables all around for the entire lunch that lasted 2 hours. Our waitress would go missing for 30 minute stretches.

They had a couple Easter specials but no print outs or indication. Had to ask her. I took the 16 oz prime rib medium rare, per waitress' suggestion.

When it finally came it was nowhere near medium rare. Medium maybe at the very middle. Was not close to 16oz. Brought it to her attention and I said it was edible but not what I ordered. Didn't offer a replacement and was expecting to be comped or have a discount. Nope.

I won't be returning to Perrys. The service and quality of food was what I'd expect from a Chili's and actually Chili's would likely have better service.
powerbelly
AG
Your mistake was ordering a steak at perrys. The pork chop is the only entree worth getting there.

Also, lunch service is always great during the week.
TAMUallen
AG
powerbelly said:

Your mistake was ordering a steak at perrys. The pork chop is the only entree worth getting there.

Also, lunch service is always great during the week.

Yeah I know but I'm not a pork chop guy and I didn't pick Perry's but come on a steakhouse like that not even giving you what you ordered right on Easter? It wasn't like this was a weird day where there was a reason. They weren't even busy. That's terrible.
Last Page
Page 1 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.