Metroplex
Sponsored by

fence recommendations Dallas

2,072 Views | 20 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by beatlesphan
bagger05
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Need to get most of the backyard fence redone including an automatic gate by the alley.

Anybody have any recommendations?
AggieOiler09
AG
Texas Best Fence & Patio did a great job for me.

I had them put in a board on board, horizontal, stained cedar to replace a mix of chain link and old vertical pine. Not cheap but very high quality. I am located in east dallas. They seem to have done quite a bit of work in the area.
bagger05
AG
Thanks for the recommendation.
J.P. 03
AG
bagger05 said:

Anybody have any recommendations?

Have a strong alcoholic beverage handy when they quote you on materials.
bagger05
AG
Yeah dude it sucks. We basically gutted the whole house in 2020 and luckily bought materials at the VERY beginning of the process. Would love to kick the can but, (A) I don't think prices are going back down and (B) my freakin automatic gate came off the rails earlier, totally fell to the ground, and might have broken.

So the timeline for the project has accelerated.
double aught
AG
Top Quality Fence out of Frisco. They installed a fence, retaining wall, and automatic gate for us two years ago. Their quote wasn't the cheapest, but the price was fair. There were some challenges with the placement of the retaining wall, driveway, gas meter, and alley easement, but they installed it all just like we wanted when other companies said they couldn't do it. Abe, the owner, was great to work with.
wbt5845
AG
I have a great cedar fence out up last year by Arlington Fence. Not sure how far from the mid cities they work.

CoppellAg93
AG
AggieOiler09 said:

Texas Best Fence & Patio did a great job for me.

I had them put in a board on board, horizontal, stained cedar to replace a mix of chain link and old vertical pine. Not cheap but very high quality. I am located in east dallas. They seem to have done quite a bit of work in the area.
They did our new fence in Summer 2020. Very pleased with our fence, and their quote beat several other companies at the time.
Texker
AG
https://www.blackwellfencing.com/ did our section replacement a couple years back. Very solid job and built the fence right. They are very dominant in the Rockwall/Wylie area but service beyond that.
logano33
AG
Custom Fence and Pergola out of Midlothian. Quality is unmatched, can tell a fence is built by him without looking at one of his signs. Blake Lepper 469-337-9335
Doing a pergola for me right now
aggiedadofpanda
AG
Two recommendations for you. Craftsman Fence does exceptional work, and you definitely pay for what you get. We've also had Walker Exteriors do some fence maintenance at our new house (stain, repair boards, shore up top cap, etc) and they did a great job. I haven't had them build out a whole fence but our neighbors have and it looks great.
J.P. 03
AG
Since I gave you a smartass response when I replied the first time, I might as well balance it out with something somewhat useful: whoever you decide to go with, tell them you want to pay the lumberyard directly whenever they go pick up your materials, so at least you'll get 4 or 5 figures' worth of credit card points/miles out of this.
wbt5845
AG
BTW - what's the going rate nowadays? Seems like I paid about $2 per linear foot early last year when mine was done. Cedar fence, used preexisting steel poles, two gates.
nortex97
AG
We like Duck Fence.
progress
AG
any update here? anyone got good additional info or recommendations?
mAgnoliAg
AG
wbt5845 said:

BTW - what's the going rate nowadays? Seems like I paid about $2 per linear foot early last year when mine was done. Cedar fence, used preexisting steel poles, two gates.

Wow $2/ft I need that guy
wbt5845
AG
Oops. $20 a foot. And staining was extra

But I'm sure it's a lot more now.
warrington74
AG
Scorpio iron works
wbt5845
AG
BTW - I hope the housing market slowdown has helped with getting contractors out. When I did mine, he said the only reason he came out in a timely manner was because I'm less than a mile from his shop. Otherwise it would have been a few months.
aggiespartan
AG
We just had Nortex (not related to nortex97) put up sliding gate across our driveway to the alley, and they did a great job.
beatlesphan
AG
Liberty Fence and Patio. Nothing but 5-star reviews online including the one I gave them!
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.