Metroplex
Sponsored by

Mansfield/Mid Cities

1,910 Views | 24 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Quinn
Centex99
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Am going to be moving between now and June up to the area. New job is in Grand Prarie and am exploring areas to buy a home. Any recommendations, suggestions, etc...

I'll be looking for realtors (ideally those with rebates). Generally speaking I'm consider Mansfield, Arlington, general mid cities area, up to Keller. Any other areas I should consider?

Anyone looking to sell a home in any of these areas? Ideally looking for 3 car garage, 2700+ sqft, pool.

Wife is a teacher... anyone in the school districts in those areas who may help out in getting a job (PK-2nd grade preferred)?
Cramp00
Kennedale.

Congrats on the job. Will you be providing texags friendly discounts to the Wax Museum?

https://texags.com/forums/37/topics/3134308
wbt5845
AG
I am fond of the south Arlington area that is in the Mansfield ISD. Nice combination of the lower city taxes of Arlington and the better schools of Mansfield ISD.

I don't know where you're moving from, but be prepared that what you're looking for is going to cost north of $400,000.
SuzyQ06
I live in Mansfield. Love it. If you are going inside Mansfield proper, pay close attention to your elementary school and high school. It's been said on this board before, Mansfield High, Lake Ridge, and Legacy are the preferred high schools, as are the schools that feed into them.

Stephanie Deeds is an Aggie realtor that frequents this board (she was our realtor for this last move). Lisa Eubanks is also a realtor and works for MISD.

Be prepared to make fast decisions. Houses are going FAST. It's nuts.
SuzyQ06
Also, look into the "schools of choice" program that I think MISD is instituting. I believe through that program, you can choose your child's elementary school.
agcrock2005
AG
Centex99 said:

Am going to be moving between now and June up to the area. New job is in Grand Prarie and am exploring areas to buy a home. Any recommendations, suggestions, etc...

I'll be looking for realtors (ideally those with rebates). Generally speaking I'm consider Mansfield, Arlington, general mid cities area, up to Keller. Any other areas I should consider?

Anyone looking to sell a home in any of these areas? Ideally looking for 3 car garage, 2700+ sqft, pool.

Wife is a teacher... anyone in the school districts in those areas who may help out in getting a job (PK-2nd grade preferred)?
Careful with areas like Keller. While nothing wrong with the area, depending on what parts you're in it could take you 15-20 minutes to get to a highway. So if you were heading east to 121 or south on Davis or west to I35 half of your trip to work would be just trying to get to a highway. Could take you an hour to get just 15 miles away.

And the market is bonkers right now so post your budget and we can help out a little more.

EDIT: What you want is every single house in Southlake which would be much better than Keller with regard to commute, but expensive.
Centex99
AG
I'm likely looking in the 450-550 range which puts south lake out of reach. Mansfield I'd have to commute north for which would mean traffic. I completely understand how far from the highway perspective as well.
I own a house out in McKinney that's near Custer/Virginia which is a good trip time wise to 75 or 121...
Currently moving back up there from Austin which doesn't have roads lol
Rice and Fries
Check out Red pear realty
wbt5845
AG
Centex99 said:

I'm likely looking in the 450-550 range which puts south lake out of reach. Mansfield I'd have to commute north for which would mean traffic. I completely understand how far from the highway perspective as well.
I own a house out in McKinney that's near Custer/Virginia which is a good trip time wise to 75 or 121...
If you lived in MISD south of I-20 and east of Hwy 360, that's City of Grand Prairie. The Grand Peninsula has tons of options in your price range.

This whole area is Mansfield schools and feeds Lake Ridge HS.

https://www.realtor.com/realestateandhomes-search/Grand-Peninsula_Grand-Prairie_TX?view=map
Centex99
AG
wbt5845 said:

Centex99 said:

If you lived in MISD south of I-20 and east of Hwy 360, that's City of Grand Prairie. The Grand Peninsula has tons of options in your price range.

This whole area is Mansfield schools and feeds Lake Ridge HS.

https://www.realtor.com/realestateandhomes-search/Grand-Peninsula_Grand-Prairie_TX?view=map

I've seen some houses there I'm considering... hopefully coming up to visit the area next weekend and scope out a few areas.
Centex99
AG
Rice and Fries said:

I'm for sure looking for such an option. Does anyone know of similar agents/options that primarily serve/know the DFW area?
Generally speaking I don't mind doing the homework, etc.
agcrock2005
AG
Centex99 said:

Rice and Fries said:

I'm for sure looking for such an option. Does anyone know of similar agents/options that primarily serve/know the DFW area?
Generally speaking I don't mind doing the homework, etc.
This guy was my neighbor (used to live in Hurst which is in "mid-cities") and he focuses mostly on mid cities and neighboring communities. Never worked with him but he seems like he's very knowledgeable and he's a good guy so I'm sure he'd be glad to help out.

Tim Parnell - EXP Realty
Centex99
AG
Am headed up this weekend to start house hunting... should be an experience. Anyone looking to sell, let me know!
agcrock2005
AG
Good luck! Not sure your timing could be worse though.
Centex99
AG
agcrock2005 said:

Good luck! Not sure your timing could be worse though.
Yeah... such is life... I wish I had a house I was selling in Austin to offset the timing...
At the same time, am tired of renting and going to look/try to buy a house. If it doesn't work out, then I'll find something to rent and wait for the market to stabilize.
alvtimes
be prepared for hour commute each way to not live next to or in a ****hole
wbt5845
AG
alvtimes said:

I don't think so. If he is working in Grand Prairie, there are plenty of nice options in his range within a 30 minute drive.
agcrock2005
AG
wbt5845 said:

alvtimes said:

I don't think so. If he is working in Grand Prairie, there are plenty of nice options in his range within a 30 minute drive.
Where? Maybe some things pop up in the $550 range but 2,700SF+ with 3-car garage aren't what they were a year ago. Prices have spiked dramatically over the last year (or even 6 months).
Centex99
AG
agcrock2005 said:

wbt5845 said:

alvtimes said:

Where? Maybe some things pop up in the $550 range but 2,700SF+ with 3-car garage aren't what they were a year ago. Prices have spiked dramatically over the last year (or even 6 months).
I've seen quite a few options in that price range in Mansfield, Arlington, Mid-Cities, Keller even...
agcrock2005
AG
Centex99 said:

agcrock2005 said:

wbt5845 said:

alvtimes said:

I've seen quite a few options in that price range in Mansfield, Arlington, Mid-Cities, Keller even...
Not sure your age, kids, etc. but be careful which direction those neighborhoods are going. I grew up in North Richland Hills and then lived in Hurst for a 6 years until last year and both areas are going to ***** Part of NRH are still good (north toward Southlake) but as you'll see driving around there are pockets of nice surrounded by crap. Best of luck in your search though!
Centex99
AG
agcrock2005 said:

Centex99 said:

agcrock2005 said:

wbt5845 said:

alvtimes said:

Not sure your age, kids, etc. but be careful which direction those neighborhoods are going. I grew up in North Richland Hills and then lived in Hurst for a 6 years until last year and both areas are going to ***** Part of NRH are still good (north toward Southlake) but as you'll see driving around there are pockets of nice surrounded by crap. Best of luck in your search though!
Thanks for tip... kid is only 3, so location will be important.
wbt5845
AG
And I know this would WAY out there - but one problem the Mansfield ISD has with school populations right now is Lake Ridge is growing much faster than the other schools due to all the development out in the Peninsula area. It is possible that the northernmost part of the Lake Ridge residency district might get lopped off and sent to Timberview in the coming years. That would be bad for those people.

All things being equal - the further south you can be, the better.

Hincemm
AG
wbt5845 said:

And I know this would WAY out there - but one problem the Mansfield ISD has with school populations right now is Lake Ridge is growing much faster than the other schools due to all the development out in the Peninsula area. It is possible that the northernmost part of the Lake Ridge residency district might get lopped off and sent to Timberview in the coming years. That would be bad for those people.

that's exactly the reason we moved out of the lake ridge hs area ~6 years ago. we had a range of 4 year old - 11 year old and deduced our kids would have trailers as classrooms the entire time they were in school (first world problems).

that part of mansfield isd can't keep up
91AggieLawyer
AG
Hincemm said:

wbt5845 said:

that's exactly the reason we moved out of the lake ridge hs area ~6 years ago. we had a range of 4 year old - 11 year old and deduced our kids would have trailers as classrooms the entire time they were in school (first world problems).

that part of mansfield isd can't keep up

That's not a first world problem, at least, not as the term is often used. Its one thing to not be in the spiffiest school or classroom. I've been critical of overspending on anything government related and I think they do go overboard on virtually all projects. However, with what we pay in taxes, it isn't too much to ask that the students have their classes in the building for all but maybe drivers ed.

I was in portables in 2nd and 3rd grade and it presented problems back then (1970s). Today, there are so many security issues surrounding this, it shouldn't even be considered an option.
Centex99
AG
So as far south in the peninsula is still ok? I'm not sure how far south I'd want to go beyond that... but am open to most areas, just don't want to increase the commute too far.
Quinn
AG
Which parts of Hurst are going to ***** South Hurst has always been working class, but is North Hurst getting that way? Doesn't seem that way when I visit my parents out there, but I might be missing something.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.