Metroplex
Sponsored by

Home mover's recommendation

3,202 Views | 26 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Robert C. Christian
ChoppinDs40
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Need 2-3 guys with a box truck.

Any good recommendations?

TIA
pheasant
I just moved this weekend from Dallas to Ft. Worth and used Two Men and a Truck. They were outstanding and came in below the estimate they gave me. Will definitely use again.
planoaggie123
AG
We used Firehouse Movers about 9 monthsback.

Wife was happy with them which means I was too.

Pricing was one of the best.

Only slight issue we had, which was partly my fault, was they ran out of space on truck so we didnt clear my storage unit.
AggieFrog
AG
Had good luck with Firefighting's Finest on our move last summer.

https://www.firefightermovers.com/
fooz
Do NOT use Two Men and a Truck. I practically did half the moving for them because they were so slow. They also ruined a floor transition moving the refrigerator into the kitchen.
duck79
AG
I recently used Delta One moving from Mckinney to Prosper and I wouldn't recommend them.
investorAg83
AG
I've used Firehouse, 2 men and a truck and a few others. Never had any issues with any of them in particular. Our last move was with Fantastic Moves and they were great and very easy to work with. Aggie owned as well.
BrianDemarais
AG
Fantastic Moves for sure, Aggie owned and they are outstanding
ChoppinDs40
AG
BrianDemarais said:

contacted them for a quote - looks like we'll be giving them a shot,
Texker
AG
ChoppinDs40 said:

BrianDemarais said:

contacted them for a quote - looks like we'll be giving them a shot,
I would have tried them in our 2018 move if I knew they existed. We used AB Movers out of Plano. Had to store stuff for a few months and they had the facility to do that. Overall they did a good job. Not cheap though. Moving is expensive!
Absolute
AG
Have used AB a couple times. No major complaints. Guys worked hard and did not mess up too much stuff.
cadetjay02
AG
I used AB last month, they did good a good job. I have two 2 trucks with 6 total guys and they worked pretty carefully without slacking off.
beagle2009
AG
We just moved into our new home in Frisco this past weekend and were very happy with Movers Plus. They were very efficient and didn't damage a single item. Also very competitively priced.
Garrelli 5000
AG
AB were great. All My Sons sucked.
Take the trash out staff.
pheasant
pheasant
fooz said:

Do NOT use Two Men and a Truck. I practically did half the moving for them because they were so slow. They also ruined a floor transition moving the refrigerator into the kitchen.
That really sucks, I've used them probably 5 times and have never had any issues but will definitely think about this next time I move.

I will also say that my move didn't involve any large appliances so I'm not sure you could really screw my situation up.
powerbelly
AG
I have used AB multiple times with success, but I think it depends on how good your crew is on moving day.
Garrelli 5000
AG
I agree w/this. First time we used them we randomly were assigned Jesus' crew. We asked for them the 2nd time because they were very good. Recommended them to a co-worker and she was happy w/that crew as well.
Take the trash out staff.
investorAg83
AG
pheasant said:

fooz said:

That really sucks, I've used them probably 5 times and have never had any issues but will definitely think about this next time I move.

I will also say that my move didn't involve any large appliances so I'm not sure you could really screw my situation up.

I wouldn't put too much weight into that review. You might get a bad crew with any moving company. I'd be more interested on what 2 men and a truck did to rectify the situation.
big ben
AG
AB Moving all the way, used them 3 times; from Houston to Dallas, then twice in Dallas, no issues whatsoever.

Super respectful, super careful, just toss em waters during and tip well.
ChuckAggie05
AG
https://www.premierdesignsandmoving.com/

Premier Moving. They don't charge till they arrive; they'll pack, load, and unload and assemble all furniture. My total move with tip was very very reasonable. I will use them again if I move!

Navid McGee is the owner. Happy to share more info if needed
debased
AG
We were happy using Aikman Moving. Family has used them a few times, too.
JaceAG12
AB movers for me - used them twice with no complaints. Professional and fast.
nai06
AG
Another vote for AB movers. Fast and professional
Carlo4
AG
bump as I'm moving in 3 weeks. Was going to try a few here for quotes, but wanted to ask again if someone else wasn't on the list that you would recommend.

thanks!
Airdale
used 3 movers last year and would recommend them. No funny business and they were the most affordable of the options I looked at. Seem like decent guys too.
Robert C. Christian
AG
Based on this thread, I used AB for our move this past weekend. They were great, friendly, fast and got everything there in one piece. I would absolutely recommend them to anyone looking to move in the future.

Thanks to everyone's recommendations, this thread was a huge time saver!
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.