Metroplex
Sponsored by

Best Curbside grocery pickup

2,251 Views | 15 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by benMath08
Comeby!
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Where are you having the best luck 1) getting a timely time slot, 2) getting most of what you ordered (in stock), 3) extra points for TP, Lysol, etc.

We've had terrible luck with Market St in Frisco on El Dorado. Normally they are great but this curbside is eating their lunch. 1 week out on pickup, more than 50% of my order doesn't get filled, even though when I order it's in stock, then they give us nearly expired items.

No time slots within 3 days on Amazon Fresh / Whole Foods delivery even though they have more than I expected in stock,

Ready to move on to a different group.

Who ya got?
DallasAggie89
AG
Just walk in the store and get what you need. Problem solved.
Law Hall 69-72
AG
I've found that if I go as soon as the stores open on weekdays, crowds are not a problem. That includes Walmart and Whole Foods. My local Target isn't crowded then either, but it doesn't seem to be as well stocked as the others.
Comeby!
AG
I've done that....early in the morning. Not always true, and I don't wish to spend an hour dodging people.
Comeby!
AG
The first two weeks of this I would go on Tuesday's early.

I've found nearly every meat or chicken you can think of at the local Mexican grocery store.
TexasAggie008
AG
HEB in Waxahachie (only 30 mins south of downtown dallas)
powerbelly
AG
Fiesta and La Michoacana have been fully stocked when I needed something that Central Market didnt have.
The Shank Ag
We use instacart in FW. They've had nearly everything
Post removed:
by user
bco2003
AG
We've had great success with the Stonebrook/423 Walmart grocery pick up the last couple of years.

There are fewer available pickup slots with COVID and more unavailable items than usual, but that's to be expected and hasn't affected our orders dramatically.

And no extra charge to pick up.
InternetFan02
AG
If already using grocery pickup why not switch to grocery delivery? You get a personal shopper that will text in real time for substitutions and you choose a delivery window when you are at your house anyway so no waiting around in pickup line. It costs only a little more than pickup according to the grocery shoppers at my house. They use Kroger and switched from pickup to delivery about 6 months ago.
Mollie03
AG
Central Market timeslots are easier to get now if you are still picking up. I was using it before this so save time on the weekends anyway so this isn't much of a change for me. I tried Instacart and not a fan. Will not use that again most likely.
hph6203
AG
Wasn't a huge fan of Instacart when I used them this week, because they shop just like I normally would, used Amazon Whole Foods after that to get the things they missed and got everything I ordered with no substitution requests. Think Amazon shops what they have in stock rather than just what's on the shelves.
aglaohfour
AG
We're in west Fort Worth, and I've been driving out to HEB in Hudson Oaks every week. They always have next day slots available and have only been out of a couple of things I ordered.

Other than that I'm still using instacart for central market a couple times a week and lately they've had same day slots available (when I order earlier in the day). For a few weeks it seemed like CM was having a difficult time keeping everything in stock, but that's leveled out now.
benMath08
AG
I've been using Amazon Fresh for years and honestly I don't understand why everyone doesn't have their groceries shipped to them, pandemic or not.
hph6203
AG
The one time I used it a couple of years ago the packaging was outrageously overdone, much better this time. Not much more than if I had gone to the store myself.
benMath08
AG
hph6203 said:

The one time I used it a couple of years ago the packaging was outrageously overdone, much better this time. Not much more than if I had gone to the store myself.
Yea, they've iterated on a few designs. Originally it came in these bulky green boxes that you were supposed to leave out at your next delivery and they would take back and reuse.

These days they just use big brown paper sacks and insulated sacks for the stuff that needs to stay cold.

As long as you have Prime there's no more separate charge for Fresh either.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.