Metroplex
Sponsored by

Pool Cleaning / Equipment Replacement Contractor Recommendations

1,459 Views | 5 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Absolute
thrill99
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I've been putting off a fairly significant pool equipment replacement/upgrade and now the time has come to finally pull the trigger. So I'm looking for recommendations in the McKinney, Plano, Frisco, Allen area (or those who may serve that area) for pool service contractors that are capable of the following:
  • Pool system pipe replacement or rework and electrical work associated with installation of new pool equipment (DE Filter, Pool Heater, etc.) and new controls (if required by the equipment upgrade)
  • Cleaning of pool surfaces (walls and bottom) while drained for pipe repair

Thanks in advance.
culdeus
AG
I've been through several pool companies. As a general rule they struggle to stay in operation very long or they suffer from huge turnover and the quality of the people they send can jump off a cliff.

It's much more profitable for the technician to work as a cleaner/chem guy, and less stressful. So getting good techs is a nightmare. So you can get one guy and by the next season he's moved on and the new guy sucks, lather repeat.

I have suggested to, and used https://custompoolcare.com/ . They seem to have the most consistent quality, but are more expensive than you might expect.

There are a couple of other outfits I use that the pricing is much more competitive. I just wouldn't trust them to do anything but swap equipment out.
double aught
AG
I second Custom Pool Care. They are pros.
planoaggie123
AG
I just started using ASP Frisco. First time owning a pool. So far a positive experience. He wasnt the cheapest but also not the most. If you sign a 1 year contract and do auto withdraw its pretty good deal.

I think he can do most anything you are wanting. I might be mis-remembering but I believe he previously did full pool builds but quickly realized a bigger headache than its worth. Tell him Blake at Palm referred if you go that route.

thrill99
AG
Thanks for the recommendations. Appreciated.
culdeus
AG
I'm still a month down on the waitlist on CPC. Anyone have other suggestions?
Absolute
AG
planoaggie123 said:

I just started using ASP Frisco. First time owning a pool. So far a positive experience. He wasnt the cheapest but also not the most. If you sign a 1 year contract and do auto withdraw its pretty good deal.

I think he can do most anything you are wanting. I might be mis-remembering but I believe he previously did full pool builds but quickly realized a bigger headache than its worth. Tell him Blake at Palm referred if you go that route.

Also recommend ASP Frisco. Joel is a good, honest guy. I use him to do my pool inspections on buyer's inspections.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.