Metroplex
Sponsored by

***Winter Weather 2019-2020 thread***

15,021 Views | 145 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by culdeus
The Collective
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I know there is no snow/ice issues expected with this front, but holy **** - I wasn't made for this kind of weather. I walked over to our hangar a little bit ago, and the wind is absolutely brutal.
Bones08
AG
Yea I can handle freezing temps just fine, but the wind makes me want to shrivel up into the fetal position and cry.

Best of luck to everyone. I assume the grocery store shelves are being cleared out as I type.
wbt5845
AG
I was out on our test range a little while ago and DAMN it's cold and sleety out there. West side of Fort Worth. Nothing is accumulating though.
DE4D
AG
The wind chill is incredible. I remember the roads icing for thanksgiving in the 90's not sure we have had November weather like this since...
J.P. 03
AG
Never forget:

wbt5845
AG
J.P. 03 said:

Never forget:

I ran the Dallas Turkey Trot that morning and damn near died. Holy S what a horrible day.
jsdaltxag
Lett Leon alone!
hatchback
AG
jsdaltxag said:

Lett Leon alone!
I laughed way too hard at this one.
MGS
J.P. 03 said:

Never forget:

On the bright side, that was the last game the Cowboys lost that season.
Robert C. Christian
AG
This one is getting a lot of hype. Hopefully another dud in the making...

Ervin Burrell
AG
Friday rush hour will make me want to blow my brains out even more than it already does.
DE4D
AG
20 minute drive turns into 1.5 hour or more, guaranteed.
wbt5845
AG
Yeah Imma stayin' home tomorrow....
The Collective
AG
I could actually see this one producing some fun.
wangus12
AG
Damn have a late flight to Vegas tomorrow
Cromagnum
AG
Frankie put you guys in the bullseye. Thoughts and prayers.

YouBet
AG
Good luck everyone. See you on the other side.
Sumlins Pool Guy
Odds on my flight out tomorrow afternoon happening?
harge57
AG
Not good. Maybe by midnight. Hopefully it blows through somewhat quickly.
The Collective
AG
Damn.
Phat32
AG
Humid AF outside. Feels like the day we got hit with the F3. Hope it's a big bag of nothing.
Kate Beckett
AG
I picked a good day to be off
JR Ewingford
Meh we will see if today pans out. If we get some sunshine this afternoon we could get us a decent threat. If we stay cloudy drizzly then the threat will be less. Not to get technical but the dewpoints are still low 60's in most areas. Would like to see mid and upper 60's to start getting into a higher end event.
lawless89
Texas Storm Chasers is predicting a chance of snow in the morning.

Headed to the grocery story to buy bleach.
Phat32
AG
Snownado
The Collective
AG
EwingBarnes said:

Meh we will see if today pans out. If we get some sunshine this afternoon we could get us a decent threat. If we stay cloudy drizzly then the threat will be less. Not to get technical but the dewpoints are still low 60's in most areas. Would like to see mid and upper 60's to start getting into a higher end event.

Just canceled my Chinese food order.
JR Ewingford
Beginning to pick up some steam with a few spinners now. Next few hours should be the time for the worst stuff.
ItsA&InotA&M
EwingBarnes said:

Beginning to pick up some steam with a few spinners now. Next few hours should be the time for the worst stuff.

Where in DFW do you expect the big stuff?

My radar app shows it currently clipping the west side of Ft Worth, heading NE, with the big stuff already north of I 30 and tracking 35 W
AggieFrog
AG
Can't believe schools are canceling indoor activities and flights are already cancelled. For some rain and thunderstorms?! Growing up here and watching thousands of storms, that's nuts. Yes we get strong storms, yes there can be a chance of tornadoes. What else is new? Go about your day and keep an eye out, but don't cancel all activities because we might get some severe weather.

[/rant]
Phat32
AG
It's such a weird grey area. We sent folks home mainly because it's already Friday and the traffic already sucks. Worst case scenario, your employees are happy to work from home the rest of the day.

I'd be curious as to the economic impact of the weather warnings. They might be worse for productivity than the storms themselves.
JR Ewingford
Here's a summary of what's happening. A line of storms has been camping out just north and west of DFW. Yes there has been tornado warnings with them but they aren't very impressive really. Struggling to organize. However the stuff you have to worry about is now building from Waco towards downtown Dallas. These are the ones capable of being the problems. Still nothing very organized with these yet either. I think as you get into the evening things will really start cranking if this pans out.
duck79
AG
Do you think one area of the metroplex is more ripe than the others?
AggieFrog
AG
Agreed. It's my off-Friday, so I've just been watching it from home (far west Fort Worth), but it's looking like your typical spring storm. My kids' private school across the street canceled all afternoon activities, including tonight's varsity basketball game, by 11am this morning.

Guess I'm just getting old, but that's not something we'd ever even consider 10-20 years ago. It's like people are afraid of their own shadow these days.
The Collective
AG
Might as well send people home. They spend most of the afternoon talking/worrying about the weather and traffic anyway on these types of days.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.