Metroplex
Sponsored by

Sunnyvale

3,189 Views | 12 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by AggieBiker
Ag In Ok
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
We are kicking around the idea of relocating to Sunnyvale - anything new or different to share? I checked out the thread from last year which was helpful, but could use some more info if available.
DallasAggie97
AG
Schools are great. Getting new retail soon. Very family oriented. Close to Dallas.

HBCanine08
AG
DallasAggie97 said:

Schools are great. Getting new retail soon. Very family oriented. Close to Dallas.

Ah, yes. The generic slogan for most suburbs outside of downtown Dallas or FW.
investorAg83
AG
DallasAggie97 said:

All true. Schools are GREAT. Wife grew up there and we've considered moving there in a year or 2 to be closer to the in-laws aka babysitters. Bunch of new neighborhoods going up and closer to Dallas proper than all the north Dallas expansion burbs (Frisco, prosper, etc).
jtmoney03
AG
80 is an absolute nightmare in and out. Not as bad as having to come from Forney, but bad nonetheless. Other than that, and being one of the pricier suburbs, it's a great place!
AggieBiker
AG
Ag In Ok said:

We are kicking around the idea of relocating to Sunnyvale - anything new or different to share? I checked out the thread from last year which was helpful, but could use some more info if available.
High school got a new principal this year along with some other new staff. Still a quality school. New intermediate school was added to relieve the elementary school.

New coffee shop opening soon next to town hall along with other retail space available. Southwest corner of 80 and Collins is being developed and currently has a Panda Express soon to open and some medical offices. Chick-fil-a is holding a spot but isn't guaranteed to build and won't begin for at least 12 months if they do. Another food place is set to build across Collins soon but I can't recall which one. At Beltline and Town East the old Kearny's mercantile store has been remodeled into a steak, burger, pizza restaurant and bar called Kearny's feed store. Owner is Baker's Rib owner and it is a very well done concept with an outdoor space for live music and dining. The place is doing very well and full of cars on nights and weekends. A Chipotle has opened at Beltline and 80 on the Mesquite side and more retail is being developed there including a Starbucks.

Traffic circle is being installed at the Tripp/Collins offset intersection and Collins is being widened between Tripp and 80 to four lanes. The town council rejected a Hillwood development plan for one of the largest open tracts that would have created a senior living community but would have allowed smaller lots with front entry garages rather than current housing standards. The land owner will continue to receive other offers and look for something more acceptable to the community.

The growth rate continues to exceed expectations but the town will never be larger than 7-10k. The council has been able to maintain elevated construction standards with all neighborhoods required to have amenities such as walking paths, green belts, community pools and such. They have also managed to constrain as much as possible the growth.

No extension of 190 between IH 30 and US 80 for at least 10 years but that is a function of the state rather than town. The extension is needed now but unlikely to happen for that length of time. US 80 will be rebuilt within the next several years and the Long Creek bridge will be relocated.

First Baptist church recently lost it's pastor and is searching for a new one with nothing on board presently while membership continues to decline. A few other churches are building or adding space now and cLife continues to grow. The old New Hope church building was moved to the historic park in Mesquite and will be restored.

That's all I can think of for now other than we made it through another year without any tornadoes, so that's good and there are quite a few Aggies living in the town. Gig em.
FightinTxAggie
Do you attend c|Life?
SteveA
AG
Shopping kinda sucks, as mesquite isn't the same demographic and Rockwall is kind of a haul. Getting in and out is kinda hard. Ow as well.
Law Hall 69-72
AG
HBCanine08 said:

DallasAggie97 said:

Ah, yes. The generic slogan for most suburbs outside of downtown Dallas or FW.
Except Forney, where Dallas ends and living begins.
AggieBiker
AG
FightinTxAggie said:

Do you attend c|Life?
Yes I do. And you?
FightinTxAggie
I do attend c|Life as well.
AggieBiker
AG
Good place to go. I've been supporting it from the beginning and have had a few stints serving on the board as well. It's exciting to see the growth in the people and the staff. Unfortunate that FBC has struggled but hopefully new leadership will get them on track again soon. I know it has been hard for them to move forward but hopefully the will with this opportunity.

How long have you been attending cLife?
FightinTxAggie
Since September 2018. Love it!!
AggieBiker
AG
Great to hear that. Be sure and experience Growth Track. It will multiply your experience.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.