Metroplex
Sponsored by

Lakewood vs Mockingbird (Old Stonewall Jackson) Elementary

3,167 Views | 6 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Dallas Ag03
Boat Shoes
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
My wife and I currently reside in a three bedroom home zoned to Lakewood Elementary. We purchased the house in part because of the great reviews of the school. Our daughter will begin elementary school in less than two years and we're beginning to think about a new home as we fear we may outgrow this one. Does anyone have any experience with Lakewood or the newly named Mockingbird (previously Stonewall Jackson) Elementary? Is one preferable to the other and if so, why? We may expand our home search to include both these zones.

Thanks!
hatchback
AG
My wife is the Assistant Principal at Lakewood, so I'm a little biased. We don't have kids yet, but from my two years of volunteering there and hearing about it from my wife it's a great school. She also has good things to say about Mockingbird Elementary.
Ol Jock 99
AG
Boat Shoes
AG
Ol Jock 99 said:

I'm not sure what to take from this??
leoj
AG
That they are the same thing basically
Boat Shoes
AG
Bumping this. Daughter #2 has arrived so we're getting more serious about moving. Thanks for the advice!
riverrataggie
AG
Just went through kinder at Lakewood for our first.

She really likes it and looking forward to first. We know a lot of kids who go to Lee as well. Someone said above, both are good.

We lived in m streets and moved to Lakewood 5 years ago. We do like the neighborhood better.
Dallas Ag03
We have kids at Lakewood. Thus far, great experience all around. We were in your shoes several years ago. Chose to buy a bigger house for growing family, and opted for Lakewood Elem over Mockingbird.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.