Metroplex
Sponsored by

Driving through Fort Worth question...

1,413 Views | 10 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by FC12
Post removed:
by user
aggie_wes
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
You're SOL unless you take 820 around to 199 out to 281. Which, as much as I hate 35, it will probably be quicker to just take 287 all the way. If you can get to FW about an hour earlier you won't have much issue
Post removed:
by user
wbt5845
AG
Now that the rebuild of I-35W is complete, going that way during rush hour won't be too bad.
SuzyQ06
I-35 north of FW is pretty clear actually. My husband drives that was frequently. The interchange between 30/35 still clogs up, but I think that's about it.
Post removed:
by user
metrag06
AG
Agree with above - it's not that bad these days. Nothing compared to Houston.
TexAggee05
AG
Before you hit downtown, take the 287 Texpress lanes all the way through 35W to the 287/Decatur cutoff split. You'll do 80mph the whole way.
You'll probably hit more traffic in Mansfield/Arlington at the 287/20/820 cluster f*ck
ChoppinDs40
AG
Google maps shows taking 45 into downtown dallas, then getting on 35E and taking that to 183. 183 to 820 for a little bit then you're basically on 287 once you reach 35W.
aggie_wes
AG
That sounds awful.
Post removed:
by user
FC12
My opinion is to stay away from 183. Terrible road.
When you leave Hillsboro, take 35W to Fort Worth. You can either go around Fort Worth via 820 to the West linking back up with 35W north of FW or you can go through Downtown. If you hit it right, straight through probably won't be too bad. Just check road conditions (wrecks) prior to getting to 820 via waze or google maps.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.