Metroplex
Sponsored by

Dallas Stars

1,286 Views | 7 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by chrisocker
Moe Jzyslak
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I'm looking at going to the Stars game vs the Wild tomorrow. This will be my first Stars game. What is there to do around the AAC and where should I park? Game is at 7 and we're planning on getting down there around 4:30-5.

Note - If anyone has any tickets they don't want I'll gladly take them.
GarlandAg2012
AG
Happiest Hour is a pretty popular pregame (and postgame) destination and is a very short walk from the AAC. They have food and a good beer selection. They have a valet I believe, not sure on parking as I generally Uber to that area rather than drive.

As for tickets, if you don't mind rolling the dice a bit, you can sign up for last minute tickets here: https://stars.expapp.com/passes/reserve/249?utm_source=experience&utm_medium=website&utm_campaign=stars_last_minute_tickets_vanity_url

Buy the $10 Terrace level seats and then check back tomorrow at 5 to upgrade them to better seats.
Moe Jzyslak
AG
From another 2012 Ag - thank you!

So on that I buy the Terrace tickets through the Stars' website, then at 5 tomorrow I check the website to see if anything is available, and if there is I can claim it for free?
GarlandAg2012
AG
No it won't be free, it will be an upcharge depending on what you choose. I think the upgrades are in the $20-50 per seat range which is still pretty cheap.

Also I think the intent is to do it all through the app, thought the website should work too.
Moe Jzyslak
AG
Awesome, got it! Thanks for your help!
J.P. 03
AG
You're gonna love it. I think this is obvious, but just in case, dress warmer than you would if you were going to a basketball game at the AAC.
YouBet
AG
I haven't been through there in a while but the whole Victory Park area around the AAC has apparently reset and there a lot of new bars and restaurants within a block or two of AAC.
double aught
AG
YouBet said:

I haven't been through there in a while but the whole Victory Park area around the AAC has apparently reset and there a lot of new bars and restaurants within a block or two of AAC.
I've heard that too. It's interesting to me how, after all the grand plans, that area was mostly a ghost town for a decade.
chrisocker
AG
I know this is late but if you read this post again and are going to another Stars game, definitely check out Taqueria La Ventana for some amazing (and cheap!) tacos and margaritas pregame. It's a walk up spot with outdoor seating, so best on a nice day.

It's also a short distance from the AAC (8-10 minute walk) and when I drove, I parked in the lot by the restaurant without paying just fine.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.