Metroplex
Sponsored by

Pier and Beam Foundation Repair?

1,307 Views | 4 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by big ben
TheFonz
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
We need an inspection and I'm sure repair on our pier and beam foundation in Richardson. Any experience or recommendations on who to use or who to avoid? Thanks
East Dallas Ag
AG
I would recommend contacting an independent engineer for an inspection, then taking that report and scope and get bids from several foundation companies. It will cost you a little more up front, but likely save you more in the long run vs. having the foundation company come and prepare the scope. They are more likely to recommend more repairs than needed than the engineer.

I recently had Crosstown Engineering do an inspection on my own P&B home ( was about $575) then sent the report to several companies, Stratum Foundation was the cheapest quote. Some other companies you might want to bid: Integrity, James Bond, Brown Foundation, Integrated, Arch, Structured. The last 3 are typically considered best in class and as such will likely be more expensive.
East Dallas Ag
AG
I'll also add that if your house doesn't have gutters, that will probably be recommendation #1. Foundation stability is all about soil moisture control and gutters are the a big component of that, especially for P&B, so much so they are required for new build P&B construction.
culdeus
AG
Would also say that if you still have cast iron in your crawl space getting that swapped out while you mess with your foundation is worth considering.

Also, have a sump pump installed.
Copp
Foundation concrete services is a good company. Do all our foundation repairs for our investment properties. Tell them Zach sent you. Licensed and insured

The above advice is good. Have an indeoendent engineer inspect. First thing they will look at is trees next to your foundation as well as standing water if any.
big ben
AG
S&W Foundation out of Richardson
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.