Metroplex
Sponsored by

Drivers license office Dallas (proper)

1,243 Views | 11 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by hph6203
Duncan Idaho
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I need to go into the office. Are there any offices that I should avoid? Any that are slower than others?

Ol Jock 99
AG
I've heard good things about the Garland Mega-Center, especially if you check in (or whatever) online.
aggielostinETX
AG
last time we went to NWHWY location, we were out in about 10 minutes.
Duncan Idaho
Thanks.
PlanoAg98
AG
Quote:

I've heard good things about the Garland Mega-Center, especially if you check in (or whatever) online.

This. You can get in line "on-line". You will get text messages as your spot in line approaches with time estimates. When you get within 15 minutes, you can reply to the text requesting more time. You can do this over and over again until you are able to get within 15 minutes of the center. The drive time to Garland will be much less than the wait time at a normal DMV.
AggieC07
AG
I did this in Houston and made the DMV experience so easy. I was running a little late and used the text system to put me a few people back in the queue until I could get there. I walked right in, maybe waited 1 min and was up talking to someone.
khaos288
AG
Just don't lose your drivers license in August and go the last friday before school starts. It will be a 5 hour wait for 15 and 16 year olds.
Quinn
AG
Ol Jock 99 said:

Yup, it's quick and painless there.
DannyDuberstein
AG
Ol Jock 99 said:

This. Online check in will tell you when to show up. I was in and out in less than 15 minutes.
80sGeorge
AG
Last time I went to a really small office in Carrollton and it was a breeze. Also surrounded by many Asian and Korean restaurants so good lunch too.
coppag92
AG
Not sure how far Grand Prairie would be but that one is great and lots of agents to help. Been there several times and even if they do have long lines on last day of month, moves really quickly. Generally, you can be in and out in no time.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
Deats said:

last time we went to NWHWY location, we were out in about 10 minutes.

if you mean the one on NW Hwy and Jupiter it is CLOSED. They direct you to the Garland Mega Center which is also on NW Hwy.

hph6203
AG
PlanoAg98 said:

Quote:

This. You can get in line "on-line". You will get text messages as your spot in line approaches with time estimates. When you get within 15 minutes, you can reply to the text requesting more time. You can do this over and over again until you are able to get within 15 minutes of the center. The drive time to Garland will be much less than the wait time at a normal DMV.
Do this if you don't want to end the day wanting to hurt yourself. You can set up customized text alerts and can bump yourself back down the line 15 minutes (I think its 15) if you're behind schedule. It might even be a specific number of minutes bump that you request. You shouldn't have to wait more than 30 minutes. Sitting at the DMV for hours is for people that don't have a job and don't give a **** how much time the DMV takes out of their day.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.