Austin
Sponsored by

Best Bike Trails?

1,311 Views | 13 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by scott1481
SoTxAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Aside from the Butler hike/bike trail along the river, what are other bike trails in Austin?
Potcake
AG
Walnut Creek Park supposedly has good trails just be aware you may see some male trysting in the woods.
MouthBQ98
AG
Road bike, gravel bike, mountain bike?
SoTxAg
AG
Mountain bikes but the wife will be with me so nothing too crazy.
tlepoC
AG
Probably stick with Walnut.

I ride it a few times a week due to proximity, often on a gravel bike, and still get lost. Either be comfortable with just picking a direction at a fork and going with it (knowing you are eventually going to come back across the concrete path) or take a headunit.
Mookie
AG
Brushy creek trails are great as are the ones maintained by 512 out by red horn brewery on Parmer.
MouthBQ98
AG
I live way out east of town and ride at Buescher/Bastrop state parks, McKinney Roughs, and Rocky Hills ranch. They are all small fees for access.
AggieOO
Mookie said:

Brushy creek trails are great as are the ones maintained by 512 out by red horn brewery on Parmer.
Suburban Ninja is the name of the broader trail system. Pretty beginner friendly, mostly non-technical, but there is some fun stuff out there. The stuff specifically maintained by 512 is on the church property and is mostly NOT beginner friendly, as it is features/jumps.
tlepoC
AG
Please make sure to find and sign waiver of you go out on the 512 land
Forrest Gump
AG
Southern Walnut Creek Trail, is a 20-mile loop concrete trail that only crosses one street (not managed) and two highways (both managed crossings).
javajaws
AG
Forrest Gump said:

Southern Walnut Creek Trail, is a 20-mile loop concrete trail that only crosses one street (not managed) and two highways (both managed crossings).
I've been on that one (I ride a Specialized Sirrus X 4.0). Nice trail if pavement is what you are looking for.

Anybody been on the Veloway out by Circle C? Probably not much fun on a mountain bike, but it looks cool.
tlepoC
AG
Should do a group ride on the veloway. I've been wanting an excuse to go check it out
Complete Idiot
I'm a few years removed from riding City Park (Emma Long park) twice a week on my 26" ZERO shock mountain bike.

I now live where I can ride to the Brushy Creek or Suburban Ninja trails, but just don't do it enough. More road biking the past few years. Walnut creek is good, a bit of a maze if not familiar with the trails. Southwest Austin and out towards Dripping Springs have some nice trails according to friends, but I've never ridden. You could head out to Muleshoe or Pace Bend as well.

You can also ride around the F1 track, did that once just for the experience.
scott1481
AG
I haven't taken all the trails by 512 but ride them frequently. Easy to get turned around but signage has gotten better.

Some jumps on the trail but overall is on the easier side.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.