Austin
Sponsored by

More Austin tax increases on the way...

1,236 Views | 4 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by wadd96
KT 90
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG

If you are against this, email the City Council members here: https://www.austintexas.gov/email/all-council-members. Or you can also email your specific representative individually.

KT 90
AG
Item 6

Approve a resolution directing the Chief Financial Officer of the City to calculate the City's proposed voter-approval property tax rate with an increase of 8% above the City's current maintenance and operations rate as allowed by the Texas Tax Code for taxing units located in areas declared a disaster by the Governor of the State of Texas.

https://www.austintexas.gov/department/city-council/2021/20210603-reg.htm#006

MouthBQ98
AG
It's their last chance to really run it up due to the tax law passed a while back that limits year over year increases.
wadd96
AG
Why should anybody waste their time emailing those scum suckers. They're going to do whatever the f they want to, regardless of the will of the people. For example, see the reluctance to actually do anything about the renewed homeless camping ban.
All the God's, all the Heavens, all the Hells are within you.
KT 90
AG
wadd96 said:

Why should anybody waste their time emailing those scum suckers. They're going to do whatever the f they want to, regardless of the will of the people. For example, see the reluctance to actually do anything about the renewed homeless camping ban.

Oh I am sure it'll get approved. Doesn't mean that I won't ***** at them about it though. If enough people *****, maybe they'll eventually listen. Or some better candidates will run (but the dumbasses here will probably vote in the lefties anyway).

wadd96
AG
Shah! And monkeys might fly out of my butt...
All the God's, all the Heavens, all the Hells are within you.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.