Austin
Sponsored by

Kids soccer league

1,679 Views | 10 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by KRamp90
cityagboy
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Hey y'all. Who can recommend a kids soccer league in austin? Preferably north/ central austin.

My son is 6 and this is the first time he's shown interest in any sport so I think something casual would be best.

Thanks!
aggielax48
AG
Lonestar Rec League, they have summer camps but leagues will start back up in the fall.
Ag9701
AG
Town and Country is great. Campus and home games are in North Austin. At his age, I think all of the games are played on their fields. I had 3 kids play T&C soccer. Their winter basketball is fun as well.
AgGrad99
AG
i9 is great for some sports. If I remember correctly, it was fun for soccer. It's nice, because it's all one one day. They 'practice' for about 30 minutes, and then play a game. They dont have separate practices and games.

If he likes it, next year or so, play with the YMCA or Town and Country....and in a few years he can graduate to Lonestar Academy if he's still into it.
chet98
AG
Check out NASA. Both of my boys played there starting at like 5 or so. Now my 13 yr old is with River City Rangers.
neutics
AG
Lonestar is not the best for rec level in my opinion as they still do something called 'new ball' all the way through 8U. It's intended to give kids more touches on the ball but does nothing to teach them defense or directionality so in my opinion is harmful as they develop. I've seen the consequences of this in my own son and trying to coach his team in the Round Rock rec league (which is great but fields are pretty small).

If I lived closer I would definitely consider Town & Country...seems like a very well run program with different competition levels.

chet98
AG
New Ball through 8U seems about 2 years too long. For the really little ones its great. But by 8U they can throw in, etc.
DeangeloVickers
AG
Town and Country is terrific

If money is not a worry Barcelona

Technical, touches, and having fun!

I wouldn't send my kid to lonestar unless I knew someone or knew I could bully my way onto the premier teams. They are huge...you are a check...and they don't care
Aggietaco
AG
Any of these leagues Sundays only? The only one I've been able to find is i9 and the T&C and NASA reps haven't returned e-mails or phone calls.
Leeman
DeangeloVickers said:

Town and Country is terrific

If money is not a worry Barcelona

Technical, touches, and having fun!

I wouldn't send my kid to lonestar unless I knew someone or knew I could bully my way onto the premier teams. They are huge...you are a check...and they don't care
Actually, none of them care - it's all about money.
TamuKid
AG
i9 is a perfect intro to see if your kid likes soccer.
KRamp90
AG
We did NASA and then River City Rangers as well. In fact, my daughters team won the State Championship, and she was a team captain.That being said, NASA and T&C are good for your child to see how committed they/you are. Select is not for everyone, and it is not inexpensive.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.