Austin
Sponsored by

Round Rock ISD School Board

4,181 Views | 39 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by SteveBott
BTHOB-98
How long do you want to ignore this user?
What an insane s*#t show tonight about masks or no masks.
dsvogel05
AG
For the rest of this school year or next school year?
BTHOB-98
dsvogel05 said:

For the rest of this school year or next school year?
The rest of the school year.
jah003
S
BTHOB-98 said:

What an insane s*#t show tonight about masks or no masks.

Does it really matter at this point? So kids have to wear a mask for one more month. Also... with testing season upon us the last thing we need is an entire school quarantined.
BTHOB-98
I didn't say anything about whether I cared if kids wear a mask. The school board is a mess though. People infighting. The parents acting ridiculous. The meeting was just Bananas. It's pretty hard to move forward to get a new Superintndent if you can't even have a cordial conversation. The interim superintendent is horrible. He wasn't good as a principal and he's not good as a superintendent.
Aggieangler93
AG
Whoever voted for this batch of morons are reaping what they sew! That tall guy is bonkers.
Class of '93 - proud Dad of a '22 grad and a '26 student!
discobrob
AG
Looks like some parents are gonna take a page out of Katy's playbook and sue. Get your popcorn ready.
Charpie
AG
How did this board get so polarized?

Glad this is our last year with the district.
DripAG08
AG
What was the Katy lawsuit?
discobrob
AG
https://www.texastribune.org/2021/04/02/texas-katy-isd-mask-lawsuit/
DripAG08
AG
Quite the tongue lashing last night at the Drip school board meeting. Good to see parents out advocating for their kids.

Hoping we see meaningful change soon out here.
Charpie
AG
discobrob said:

Looks like some parents are gonna take a page out of Katy's playbook and sue. Get your popcorn ready.
the attorney they want to hire is asking for a $20,000 retainer. there are 4 weeks left of school and have started a go fund me. what's the point?
LeagueCityAg
AG
Seems like their ISD has gone woke. My fiance recently talked to them at a job fair, and apparently all they talked about is how they're helping the transgender community and other political crap.
DripAG08
AG
Charpie said:

discobrob said:

the attorney they want to hire is asking for a $20,000 retainer. there are 4 weeks left of school and have started a go fund me. what's the point?
No time like the present....
discobrob
AG
$20k is a lot. But waiting until September to do something doesn't seem like a good idea either.
SteveBott
AG
Soooo glad I'm done with public schools. I just send my check each year and don't even think about it anymore
Charpie
AG
I doubt that the mask mandate would make it that long.
Sandman98
AG
Sandman98
AG
discobrob said:

$20k is a lot. But waiting until September to do something doesn't seem like a good idea either.

It will be covered by the end of the week if not today. It gained steamed today and a good chunk is already covered. No idea how effective it will be but I can't send my kids to wear a mask for 8 hours a day.
Charpie
AG
So you've kept your kid at home?
SteveBott
AG
Getting ugly

https://patch.com/texas/round-rock/round-rock-isd-board-member-receives-threats-racist-comments
jah003
S
No large district is going to change anything regarding masks, in person learning, virtual learning, quarantining, etc. for the next 4 weeks. Especially when a good chunk of those 4 weeks are testing. Districts want as many kids as possible getting these tests completed.

I can assure you school will be back to normal in the Fall. And if it isn't... you won't have any teachers left.
discobrob
AG
I don't trust the school board to do what makes sense. They need to be pressured and they need to know it won't just go away. Pressure starts now to make sure the fall is normal.
Sandman98
AG
Charpie said:

So you've kept your kid at home?

Reluctantly but only because recurring quarantines from tracing would have taken them away from their heavy extracurricular schedules. That's where kids were getting real interactions and we didn't want that taken away because of campus exposures. Campus kids weren't benefitting from wearing a mask and distancing all day while learning on a laptop IMO. I get it for the youngsters but ours are older.

Their after school life was as if Covid never happened since June 2020.
Charpie
AG
hmm. My kid does cross country, track and band and the mask issue hasn't been one. And that's at Westwood
Sandman98
AG
Charpie said:

hmm. My kid does cross country, track and band and the mask issue hasn't been one. And that's at Westwood

Cool.
DripAG08
AG
Charpie said:

I doubt that the mask mandate would make it that long.
You would think, but with Austin ISD nearby it's always a crap shoot.
SteveBott
AG
Umm the post is about RRISD not Austin.
DripAG08
AG
Understand that. But I don't believe for one second that these surrounding districts don't get cues from AISD nearby.

And regarding time, all my wife and I want is for them to tell us if they'll require masks next year so we can either sell and get out or hang around until the next agenda item blows up. To tell us their plans in August in bull**** and lazy and gives us little to no time to figure next steps.
DripAG08
AG
DRIPPING SPRINGS SCHOOL BOARD MEETING - INFORWARS

Now it's a **** show.
DripAG08
AG
Wonderful

Things don't seem to be getting any better out here. While I doubt the mandate is in place next school year it would be nice to know soon so we can make plans with our kids accordingly.

Tired of having these school board folks sitting on their hands not making any decisions.
Aggieangler93
AG
SteveBott said:

Umm the post is about RRISD not Austin.
This is true, but since RRISD has some schools in Travis County, they end up many times having to go with the dumbass regulations from Travis County, instead of using logical thought and deciding what makes sense for RRISD.

Due to Soverign Immunity laws, I agree that this suit doesn't make much sense. I wouldn't expect that I could sue a school district in Texas with very high probability of winning. Just because someone in Katy filed a suit, doesn't mean they will win it. I am thinking the lawyer wanted to go on vacation, so said gimme your $20K and we will roll the dice. Now sometimes, school districts will settle anything, to avoid court I guess.

I'm not attorney, nor do I even play one on TV.
Charpie
AG
It will be a non issue as of June 2nd
Aggieangler93
AG
Charpie said:

It will be a non issue as of June 2nd
I sure as hell hope it is. I am sick of masks...
DripAG08
AG
Damn. Just saw RRISD made masks optional.

**** I am tires of seeing Drip sit on their hands, just come out and drop them already.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.