Austin
Sponsored by

Kids Sports & COVID at "The PAC"

1,193 Views | 2 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by HECUBUS
chet98
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Wondering if anyone has played basketball or volleyball at The PAC lately. My son's coach is looking to restart playing basketball tourneys there (we've not played there since the pandemic) and I'm wondering how the crowds are, really wearing masks or not, distancing, etc etc and if there's any enforcement of non-compliance.

Thanks in advance!
AgGrad99
AG
We've played there.

The tournaments there are like every other gym in the area. Gotta have a mask on, take your temp and sanitize your hands when you come in, every other row of seating is closed, etc. But it's still a gym, with lots of teams, coaches and parents inside.

I was told, by another parent, they had an outbreak there a month or two ago, because of a tournament. Dont know first-hand if that's true, but if it is, I bet they're pretty strict now.

If you have any issues/concerns, ask for Carmelo. He runs the place, and is a good dude.
BBDP
AG
We've played there this summer. It was not crowded at all. We also played some homeschool teams this fall there.
My son just made the "17u national team" there so we will be there a lot (at least he will).
We are not concerned.
HECUBUS
AG
Daughter is playing a tournament there this weekend. It is not a great venue. Only one parent per kid all season in every venue.

It's also the only venue that our daughter has played in since fall that doesn't offer any kind of video stream.

One more edit for the new high tech soft serve machine.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.