Austin
Sponsored by

Coin collector

6,412 Views | 28 Replies | Last: 3 mo ago by maddiedou
maddiedou
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I have had successful responses from my post on Aggieland and I did not know If any follow that forum

Anyways. I am a coin collector and I am a collector I do not sell I only buy which gives you a chance to make more off your coins/dollars. Anyway I am in College Station but will drive to anywhere if need be

Also I do not mind helping to appraise your coins and give you an idea of what you have and maybe we can come to a deal

Gdogprop@gmail.com
979-eight two o -l87o
maddiedou
evan_aggie
AG
Forgive me for asking this, but myself and numerous relatives have all been presented with this situation.

Let's say I have a bag of 1000 coins, and I have no idea how to determine what is valuable and what isn't. How do I know I'm getting a fair evaluation or that someone doesn't swap a coin on me. I would never know the difference.

maddiedou
AG
Text me and I will explain this but a bag of 1000 coins means that they are probably worth silver price. No coin that I have ever bought was in a bag
I understand what you are saying I have had three texag people just give me coins and I immediately counted and texted them within 10 min how many i had counted

And they both were wrong by under not over One was walking liberties
One was silver dollars

This one did not tell me how many he had but he got thwm all back
One was pennies and silver coins. This one had a 100 dollar penny in it that he did not know he had and I made an offer on the lot but he just wanted to see if he had anything valuable

I know you can not trust everybody and I am with you on this I would never give a bag of coins to someone even me I do not like that scenario what if they think I stole from them.

Anyways. If you have a bag of coins chances are they are junk silver but I would be more than willing to look. I will know within 5 minutes

I know I ramble alot and hard to follow but I have no need to lie or steal but enron said the same thing
maddiedou
evan_aggie
AG
No, I understand what you mean.

I was going through hundreds of silver quarters and found the standing liberty etc. Most of the 1920 ones were so worn down you couldn't even see the date.

A few of the 1964 I had looked damn-near mint, which I'm not sure if the look-up-table info online is accurate. It said excellent condition was $5-$6 I think, but that was probably < 1% of the coins if that.

maddiedou
AG
You should or can get 10 plus for a pristine kennedy but not from me and not from a coin/pawn shop but from an individual buyer I have Kennedy's but not what I collect

I am pretty decent at grading especially if you send me pictures and give me some time

If you have questions send me a text or email

I will also respond on here if necessary
maddiedou
JohnnyShotgun
Man, I have some coins I need someone to look at. Gold, silver, some are quite old and some I know nothing about. I'll try and get some pics to your email for a look.
maddiedou
AG
Please do. Thank you I would love to help

Text or gmail
maddiedou
maddiedou
AG
I am looking for these kind of coin boxes

I have PCGS boxes if you would like to trade.

I need about 3
maddiedou
Dad-O-Lot
AG
I have some coins my Father-in-Law brought back from Vietnam. dates on them are as early as the 1700s. I've always thought they were cool, but have no idea if they are worth anything.
maddiedou
AG
I am not a fan of foreign coins just to much work to see if they have a balue

I have had about 40-50 pounds that I have pushed to the back for about 6-7 years and the last two weeks I was determined to see what I have been hoarding

Well foreign coins are different from USA I have coins from Cambodia, Yugoslavia, China ,Japan (and I cannot even began to twll you the crap to find out about these) Luxemborg,Italy,gHermanyand that is just the start

And to top it all off 1800s are only worth .10/.50 cents sometimes and most unlike American contain no silver

USA coins are easier and have basically 5 denominations

Now with that said send me a text I am a freaking sucker for coins and we can discuss your options
maddiedou
maddiedou
AG
I know this is random and just came up but I am going to rockdale tomorrow to look at a truck

Dadalot if you want me to look or anybody else shoot me a text or email.
maddiedou
maddiedou
AG
I would like to say thank you to whoever gave my name to a guy wanting to sell his dads coins.

We met in Bastrop on a quick meeting

It went pretty smooth and if you know who you are that recommended Thanks
maddiedou
PabloSerna
AG
That was me. Saw him come into the Austin Antique Mall (of which I frequent for old maps and books) - he went to the counter with a paper bag full of coins and they told him their coin guy was out of town.

Sensing (via a little birdy) that he was trying to sell them to help his family - I remembered your post here on Texags. Despite his burt orange longhorn hat (lol!)... I sent him a screen shot of your contact info.

Glad it all worked out!

+Pablo

maddiedou
AG
Funny story
The guy calls me and says is this maddiedou
Yes. This is gary
He calls me maddiedou the whole time

How did you get my name
I was in a store asking if they would like to buy coins and this guy pablo your friend you went to college with gave me your name and number

Well pablo. Thanks again and if you would like something
A food gift card or i can send a walking liberty to you just text me and I will get the address and mail it to you

Thanks again
maddiedou
Apache
AG
Meeting TexAgs people in real life is always so awkward.

I think all parties are ashamed they post on a message board.
PabloSerna
AG
Glad it all worked out. Did he have some good coins?

maddiedou
AG
Yes. 4500.00 worth. Thanks again and I am serious about my offer of sending you something but you are probably like me and just wanted to help Gary

979-eight two-l87o

Gdogprop@gmail.com
maddiedou
Harkrider 93
AG
emailed you about some coins

maddiedou
AG
Thought i would see if anybody is looking to sell or want a appraisal as best as I can from the all the books I have and all coins are valued different
maddiedou
Bob Knights Paper Hands
What's a good place to look for values for old US coins? My mom's collection is mainly circulation currency but starts in the late 1800s and most are in really good condition. She also has odd items like the steel pennies and red $2 bills. If there was a resource I could use to create a list of materially valuable coins or bills, she could hunt through and see how many she has.
maddiedou
AG
. Do you want to email or text me and I can give you some help and how to organize

Chances are though if circulated probably melt silver but you never know
maddiedou
maddiedou
AG
Bump Just in case
Gdogprop@gmail.com

979- eight two o -l87o
Aggieangler93
AG
Maddiedou is a solid honest Aggie. I would trust him to look over coins, bullion, etc. He knows what he is looking at and will shoot you straight.
Class of '93 - proud Dad of a '22 grad and a '26 student!
Aggieangler93
AG
I'm no expert, but you could start here:

ETA...you won't find currency listed in this book, just coins.
Class of '93 - proud Dad of a '22 grad and a '26 student!
maddiedou
AG
I was just about to bump this but thanks somebody did it for me and also thanks for compliment

That book is Okay and it does give you a starting point but what may look like a great coin probably is only in the VG20-EF40. I am very good at what I do up to ms60 grade and then I cant hardly tell a Ms60- from a MS63
maddiedou
AG
Bump
JohnnyShotgun
Bump. I'm starting to look at some coins that were in my safe that I haven't seen in a while. Not sure what I have is worth your time, but it would be fun to chat.
maddiedou
AG
My July Bump and yes Johnny dont know how I missed this but send me some pics and I can give a value
maddiedou
AG
January. Coin prices have not really changed much over the last 5 years and junk coin prices have fluctuated from the 15-20s per ounce

Anyway. My coin bump if any questions
maddiedou
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.