Austin
Sponsored by

Store status

3,965 Views | 32 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by expresswrittenconsent
chipotle
How long do you want to ignore this user?
What do y'alls area stores look like? H-E-B at Lakeline was starting to be a mess at 7am. Didn't see much of meat and poultry there. No TP (bought mine last week).
OregonAggie
AG
I was there last night and we might have grabbed the last 2 NY strips they had. I don't think there's a potato on the shelf in Travis county either.

I was at the Dripping HEB earlier and it was being wiped out while I was there.
Leander - Ag
AG
Was at Leander heb this morning. They had plenty of meat. Picked up a bunch to fire up the smoker tomorrow.

Some of the canned food shelves were slim but overall they had good inventory
Potcake
AG
I have a neighborhood grocery, in and out quickly.
512Ag
AG
This morning (9:30ish) the Allandale HEB was well stocked with produce and meat, but low on/out of milk. Looked like they'd just received a huge shipment of paper towels. Canned foods were sparse, but available.

The checkout line was long it wrapped halfway around the interior perimeter of the store but the workers were doing a nice job of keeping everyone organized. It took me about 30 minutes to check out, which was much faster than I expected.
Fumbleruski
AG
The Allandale HEB is a little rough around the edges (two bus stops outside of the parking lot bring in some interesting people), but the workers there are fantastic. Really helpful and have been at that location for awhile. Not sure who's running the place, but their staff is great.
chipotle
There was a line out the door a quarter to 8 at lakeline. I said ef that and went to the grocery section of Target and got what i needed. Nobody ever goes there.
expresswrittenconsent
Allendale HEB being sketchy is hilarious.
Potcake
AG
Arlens FTW
fig96
AG
We hit the Sprouts in Cedar Park over the weekend and they were pretty fully stocked.

Smaller stores seem to be the better bet right now, though HEB is supposed to be restocking regularly so fingers crossed.
cityagboy
AG
Fumbleruski said:

The Allandale HEB is a little rough around the edges (two bus stops outside of the parking lot bring in some interesting people), but the workers there are fantastic. Really helpful and have been at that location for awhile. Not sure who's running the place, but their staff is great.
That H-E-B is not sketchy. Check out the one on Lamar and Rundberg. Even that one is safe, but probably sketchy
expresswrittenconsent
Good time to visit the crappy 2nd tier grocers (like arlans). They had the dry goods (pasta, beans, cereal) HEB was out of.
Potcake
AG
Bars and dine-in restaurants closed till May.

https://www.statesman.com/news/20200317/breaking-bars-and-restaurant-dining-rooms-closed-gatherings-of-10-or-more-prohibited-in-latest-coronavirus-restrictions
Gramercy Riffs
AG
Drive-thrus still open
Potcake
AG
https://www.austinchronicle.com/daily/food/2020-03-16/austin-restaurant-take-out-and-other-food-delivery-options-during-coronavirus-quarantine/
Aust Ag
AG
Gramercy Riffs said:

Drive-thrus still open
For now...
cityagboy
AG
Go to H-Mart, 99 Ranch Market or any other Asian grocery store
Potcake
AG
Good idea, and you can actually get 50 lb bags of rice at the big one on North Lamar.
HTownAg98
Get all your groceries and combat xenophobia at the same time. Win-win.
DripAG08
AG
Anyone been to Whole Foods in Arbor Trails or Bee Cave today? Checking to see if they were picked clean like all the HEB are.
cityagboy
AG
AustinAg008 said:

Anyone been to Whole Foods in Arbor Trails or Bee Cave today? Checking to see if they were picked clean like all the HEB are.
went to the Whole Foods at the domain yesterday and it was well stocked. Busy but not crazy at all.
tamc93
AG
Went to both HEB"s in Cedar Park yesterday and today. Nothing supper crazy, plenty of vegetables, decent meat selection (relative, but no filets)...Lines to get in were 5 minutes or less and checkout lines were regulated so you did not wait.
FJB, FPA, and FAZ
Potcake
AG
That has always been the least crazy WF, even before the end times.
512Ag
AG
Curious if anyone has been out for groceries since the SIP order started. I assume the big stores are still crazy. I've done pretty well hitting up Arlan's for small items, but I'll eventually need a typical run to HEB for groceries.

How's it look out there?
fig96
AG
Stopped by Sprouts in Cedar Park earlier and was in and out in 20 minutes with no wait at the checkout. They're light on milk, eggs, and bread but had tons of everything else.
tamc93
AG
We picked up a curbside delivery today and there was a small line out the door. Seemed about the same as it was last weekend...i assume the crazies were out yesterday.
FJB, FPA, and FAZ
KT 90
AG
Needed some ink for my home printer, so went to WalMart (assuming Office Depot was closed). Had to wait approx 30 minutes in line just to get into the store. While in line an employee called out the "out of stock" items so people wouldn't wait unnecessarily. Was pretty much the usual items that people were hoarding... TP, bread, milk, bleach, etc.

Good news was that once you were in the store, there was no line at the checkout counter, because they were making people wait outside.

Aggieangler93
AG
Our local HEB yesterday was back to normal levels on everything except the hoardables. I was in there late in the day though, so they may have had some hoardables early.
Class of '93 - proud Dad of a '22 grad and a '26 student!
512Ag
AG
Aggieangler93 said:

Our local HEB yesterday was back to normal levels on everything except the hoardables. I was in there late in the day though, so they may have had some hoardables early.

Similar this morning at Allandale. Reasonable stock of most everything except wipes, laundry detergent & hand soap. No line in the 8 o'clock hour, which surprised me.
SteveBott
AG
My teenage neighbor works for H-E-B. They are stocking nightly 7 days a week.
Copperpot
AG
Not a fan of Randall's, but the one on 35th was very, very quite this morning.
Aggieangler93
AG
Has anyone found bleach or TP anywhere?
Class of '93 - proud Dad of a '22 grad and a '26 student!
expresswrittenconsent
My local crappy grocer had 2 pallets of toilet paper at 9pm Saturday night. But it was $3.99 for 4 rolls and I ain't that desperate. I've got an HEB curbside in the morning with TP, but no clue if that part of the order will be filled.
expresswrittenconsent
Lots of TP at HEB yesterday.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.