Austin
Sponsored by

Estate Planning Lawyer Rec

2,780 Views | 10 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by jkm1982
johnson2012
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
It's time to put together a proper will, POAs, etc. Anyone have a recommendation for an estate planning attorney? We're in Round Rock so trying to stay up north-ish. TIA
tamc93
AG
Following since I need to get off my butt and do the same thing.
FJB, FPA, and FAZ
Bitter Old Man
AG
Here's a few, I don't think they are Ags, but I don't know any Ags in this space...

Mike Massey 512-757-9065
Tracy Kasparek 512-215-3407
Frank Scofield 512-476-8371

I worked with Tracy recently and she was very responsive. I think she works out of her house.
ATXAdvisor
AG
Couple of Ags are Amy Bloomquist who has her own firm in Westlake or Michelle Mobley of Dubois, Bryant & Campbell downtown.

Non-Ags I've had good experiences are Kelley Kocurek (also with DBC) and Lexi Jones (probably the most affordable of the bunch)

Unfortunately, none of these are North but it's not like you'll be visiting with them more than once or twice.
aggielax11
AG
Need to do this also. Any thoughts on estimate of what it costs?
Bitter Old Man
AG
Totally depends on the complexity of your estate.
johnson2012
AG
Bump.

Finally doing it. Meeting with an attorney at Bloomquist law tomorrow. Will report back on price and what we end up with for my fellow procrastinators.
TxAgg07
AG
My wife is an estate planner and she HIGHLY recommends Michelle Mobley.
BreweryAg
AG
johnson2012 said:

Bump.

Finally doing it. Meeting with an attorney at Bloomquist law tomorrow. Will report back on price and what we end up with for my fellow procrastinators.

Right there with you as a procrastinator, but The wife and I need to get going on a plan and will as well. We are in between Leander and Georgetown. Eagerly awaiting the wisdom of your visit, both for reference and cost.
johnson2012
AG
The results are in:

$1250 all in. We went overkill and got the works. Wills, POAs, guardianship stuff, hipaa authorizations,end of life directives, all that. With a kid and assets starting to build we figured going all out wasn't that bad of an idea and ultimately not much more expensive than some of the will only or smaller packages we saw from other reputable firms.

Process took about 4 weeks total, mostly from us dragging our feet on reviewing the documents. We had an initial phone call, signed the engagement letter, received docs to review about 3 days later, we finally reviewed a week and a half later and scheduled an in person signing the following week.

Attorney we worked with was Stephanie Louie. We decided to use her because my wife knew her from a brief stint at a previous firm and she handled a probate engagement for a friend of ours recently that went very smooth from their account, including disposing of some real assets prior to disbursing the estate. She did a good job explaining everything and answering any questions we had (which were a lot since this was totally new to us).

Traffic is still pretty light compared to the before times, so driving out to bee caves from RR to sign wasn't a huge deal.

Overall easy process. Would do business with them again.
DD88
AG
TxAgg07 said:

My wife is an estate planner and she HIGHLY recommends Michelle Mobley.
I'm am not very impressed with Mrs. Mobley so far. She has time to redeem herself, but has not communicated effectively and has not been proactive in preventing a rouge family member from raiding accounts.
jkm1982
AG
I recommend Alison Lenner or Doug Paul at McGinnis Lochridge, especially if estate planning involves more complicated schemes and tax considerations.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.