Austin
Sponsored by

Belterra

3,080 Views | 9 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by DripAG08
MosesHallRAB04
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
We are about to submit an offer on a house in Belterra. We love the house and really like the area. I've heard horror stories about propane bills several years ago but I've also heard those issues were largely resolved (45 day cycles at high rates, etc.). I'm also curious about owners thoughts about the water costs as well.

Any people that live there able to give any insights? As part of the option period I'll pull a year's utility info from the owners.
stardustag
AG
Do you have a choice to NOT use propane at this house if that's a concern?
GIGEMeh
I'm in Belterra and haven't had the horror stories we found on google before moving in. My neighbors also say they haven't had the insane bills.

It's not nearly as cheap as natural gas, but we maxed out at maybe $200 during the coldest winter month. We keep our thermostat at like 66-67 when on heat.

Before we moved in it seemed the newest complaint we could find was from 2015 or so, but we never found anything about a resolution to the root issue. The complaints just seemed to stop.

Feel free to reach out to me via email if you'd like any additional details. For what it's worth we really love it in this neighborhood.

user name at micah dot ws
MosesHallRAB04
AG
Got a year's worth of utility bills on the house and there wasn't ever a crazy bill. More expensive than natural gas, yes but not like the $500-800 posts online.
Drip99
AG
I live there and once back in 2015 or something I had a $400 bill however part of that was a result of an adjustment in the billing cycle that extended the period to ~40 days. Its more expensive for sure but not the end of the world that many make it out to be. Its a great community with good schools and the new retail center has been a nice addition.
texag06ish
AG
What builder are you buying from?
DripAG08
AG
We've lived out here since 2014. No crazy propane bills. My wife sometimes run the thermostat warm (72-73) in the winter, so we expected the $300 bill.

Great neighborhood out here, let me know if you want to get a beer when you get settled in.
MosesHallRAB04
AG
It's not a new build.
GIGEMeh
So, uh, who wants to play some 42 in Belterra?
aggielax48
AG
How bad is the commute?
DripAG08
AG
aggielax48 said:

How bad is the commute?
To downtown?

Depends on when you leave the house. The Y is the only rough patch, but you can always go 1826 to 45 to Mopac once they finish the Lacrosse overpass.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.