Austin
Sponsored by

Saturday lunch ideas for group

1,046 Views | 8 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by J e f f r e y
J e f f r e y
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
On the hook for finding lunch spot for 11 tomorrow. Family from Houston in town for CPA license swearing-in.

Need something with kids menu and inside seating. <$20 per adult. 2 picky eaters, but that's their cross to bear.

Looking for something unique, but at this point I'll take anything.

I'm guessing we'll be a little after 1230 before are headed out. Trying to not make them drive too far out of the way before they head back that afternoon. They take 290 back. Bonus if on the way out! They're staying at the fairmont.

Interested to hear y'all's ideas!
Potcake
AG
Homeslice Pizza (North Loop), Phil's Icehouse (Burnet), and Central Market (N. Lamar) all have kid play areas and are close to 2222, which runs into 290E. Contigo, in Mueller area, is supposed to be good for kids.
AgOutsideAustin
AG
McDonald's on 290 by Cameron or Bill Miller on 290 near Tuscany Way.
Billy Foster
AG
Culinary Dropout in the Domain. Not sure of the kid menu though. They have games on the patio. Or Reds Porch on Braker/Stonelake. Send the kiddos to the playground.
DD88
AG
Billy Foster said:

Culinary Dropout in the Domain. Not sure of the kid menu though. They have games on the patio.
I think there used to be a card manufacturing soldering line there if this is the followon to the Culinary Institute.
Keeper of The Spirits
AG
Central Market would be your easiest, the whorn game will on places with TVs will be busy
J e f f r e y
AG
Really appreciate the help!

Contigo is open after 5 PM, so that was out...want to try it for sure!
Central Market was and is a perfect spot, but we've been there done that.
Wanted to go a bit nicer than Phil's. But again, one of our go-to's especially with kiddos.

We ended up at the 1886 Cafe at the Driskill. Good food with some variety, sweets for the kids. Christmas tree and a lobby to walk around. Bloody Mary wasn't the best ever, but I came off like a hero for the choice and atmosphere. Sat at the big marble top near the bar.

Hope that helps others out there if you're looking for a similar outing.

Downtown is great today too! Not a ton of people and traffic was a relative breeze. Can't beat this December weather!

I know the BDF championship game outcome so I didn't even have to waste my time on the game.

Thanks again for the ideas!
rather be fishing
AG
Potcake said:

Homeslice Pizza (North Loop), Phil's Icehouse (Burnet), and Central Market (N. Lamar) all have kid play areas and are close to 2222, which runs into 290E. Contigo, in Mueller area, is supposed to be good for kids.
Is Contigo back open yet? They were shut down for remodeling recently.
Potcake
AG
Not sure, we've actually never been there but I hear it recommended a lot.
J e f f r e y
AG
It is, we would have chosen that for our group... except it wasn't open until 5.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.