Austin
Sponsored by

Youth basketball in N Austin?

1,262 Views | 13 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by AgGrad99
AgGrad99
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
We're having a tough time finding a good team/league for our boys. There are 4-5 of us looking for a team. They're all 11-12, good athletes. We were on one team last year, but it was a disaster of a league.

Any Recommendations would be great.
KRamp90
AG
We had good luck with NWAYBA .

http://www.nwayba.org/Default.aspx?tabid=693549

But it looks like they are done for tryouts, but I would call. Especially if you want to coach.

My son is now in 9th grade, so he will either play for Anderson, or do football conditioning.

There are several private teams, The Wildcats, and New Era to name two. He played on New Era. I will remain neutral on a rec.
AgGrad99
AG
Thanks for the rec. We played with Impact last year...I wouldnt recommend it.

It looks like tryouts are over, but I wonder if they have a league for the spring. That's what Im mainly concerned with. I'll give them a shout.

I coach him in other sports, but I'd like to get him with a good coach for bball. He needs better coaching at this point than I can give him.
SteveBott
AG
Have you checked with Town and Country? good league when I was around

http://www.tandcsports.org/
AgGrad99
AG
Yeah, we played in that a while back. It's a good league...but not quite as competitive as we were looking for. I mainly want to get him with a coach that knows what he's doing...rather than a parent coach. Maybe I'll ask around and see if I can get a good coach recommendation for that league.

We played on an AAU team this past year. It was ok...but very disorganized.

It's surprising how few competitive basketball leagues/teams there are around here, compared to other sports.
SteveBott
AG
T&C is very much a rec league. Sounds like you need to stay in select of some form.
thirty-two
AG
NWAYBA has already started (evaluations in early Oct, practices started late Oct, games in Dec and Jan). This is our first year, but so far, it's seems to be going well. A tad un-organized, but I think the tryout/evaluation process went well to balance teams out. Facilities are just okay. Lamar Small Gym is a cluster.
AgGrad99
AG
Do you know anything about NWAYBA's spring league? Tryout dates, what dates it runs through, etc...

I'd sent them an email, but havent heard back.
discobrob
AG
Not sure about location but have you looked into Neighborhood Sports? We've got a league in round rock. My kid is younger than yours but he played their flag football league and it's really well done. Signing up for basketball now.
CapCity12thMan
AG
+1 for NWAYBA...we did 2 seasons of it. We played Lamar (both gyms), Murchison (both gyms), some Austin place on 2222/MoPac and the Hyde Park Quarries gym.
AgGrad99
AG
Good to hear. They have a spring league?
thirty-two
AG
Not sure about NWAYBA Spring League.
Aggiemundo
AG
If you can make it up to the PAC in Cedar Park it's what you're looking for. Great league my 11 year old son is in with top notch coaching from what I've seen.
AgGrad99
AG
AgGrad99
AG
The PAC looks like a great option.

Is your son in rec or select with the Attack?

Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.