Austin
Sponsored by

Comics and Cards

1,245 Views | 9 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by putu
MosesHallRAB04
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Any collectors who buy and sell comics and cards? I have about 150 comics from the early 90s and quit a few baseball and basketball cards I'm looking at selling. It's not a very valuable collection but there are some items that might have some value. I know a shop would offer me next to nothing so I thought I'd try this avenue.

Rookie cards: David Robinson, Shaq, Penny Hardaway, Griffey Jr, Biggio, Randy Johnson
Comics: X-force 2 (Deadpool) and 11 (Domino), Amazing Spiderman 361 (Carnage 1st), Uncanny X-men 16

Any ideas are appreciated.
JAW3336
AG
I'm pretty sure the DR and Penny cards are worth next to nothing.
MosesHallRAB04
AG
Pretty much what I figured. It was more hope than anything.
bankshot11
AG
You could always stop by Austin Books and Comics near 51st and Lamar. I know they buy some old stuff. You won't get much, and they probably won't take it, but worth a try.
brew82
What are you looking to get for the entire collection?
MosesHallRAB04
AG
Would 250 be crazy? A little over 150 comics and a bunch of basketball and baseball cards.

I'm open to offers
Btron
AG
Try eBay
putu
AG
While the early 90's had some great players, it is also one of the worst time periods for card values. Even some of the rookie cards from the greats arent worth a whole lot.

i would try to sell as a lot vs. individually. get a few offers from card shops then compare. They may not even mess with your common cards though. if you had the time you could divide them all up by teams and try to sell them that way. Or even by college.

I'm in the same boat. I have thousands of cards that I just cant stand to get rid of. One of the smartest things I did back in my A&M days was to trade those Shaq/Penny type cards in for some vintage cards. Those wont really go down over time.

best of luck!
putu
AG
BTW...is the Griffey RC an Upper Deck by chance?
rather be fishing
AG
putu said:

BTW...is the Griffey RC an Upper Deck by chance?
You looking to buy an Upper Deck Griffey Rookie?

I've got one I'd let go.
putu
AG
that's the one card that eluded me during my collecting days. I know i can just go out and buy one anytime.
i was more curious than anything. if he has one and its in good (or mint) condition, it may be worth sending in to get graded.

Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.