Where to buy electrical components (specifically a resistor) locally

1,106 Views | 9 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by Dustoff00
Esteban du Plantier
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I need a 6 KOhm resistor.

Is there anywhere locally that sells components these days?

There used to be a store on campus, I think, that sold for engineering, etc. Is that still around and where is it?
UmustBKidding
Unfortunately the electronics shop in the physics department has been optimized out of existence. MidState, Radioshack are also gone.
6K is not a standard value for gumball carbon resistors. Of course they do exist but only for more (slightly) esoteric 1% tolerance devices. Also more info would be useful power rating, mounting type (through hole, surface mount, size).
Typically Mouser, RS Electronics and TTI are the distributors that get you next day delivery in Texas with UPS ground delivery, most if you order before 8pm. But most get $8 shipping. There are a few around that reach out if they are making an order to consolidate and save a few bucks. Amazon prime might get you an assortment but likely 2 day.

I likely have something but out of town until the weekend. Know lots of others locally that might have some if you need today, my email is in my profile.

Rex Racer
AG
I really miss MidState Electronics.
cypress-ag
AG
Crawford Electrical
BCStalk
Never thought I would miss Radio Shack and Fry's. Hate shopping online and paying shipping for a 10 cent part I used to be able to buy easily.
Esteban du Plantier
AG
I don't specifically need 6k ohm, something in the 5-8k range. I'm bypassing a sensor in my car as a diagnostic before I pay to replace the sensor.
Boozer92
AG
Can't help with a good place locally but mouser.com is where I get most of my stuff since mid state shutdown. Mouser is based in the metroplex so ground shipping arrives the next day.
Boozer92
AG
I may have something in that range in my stash. I will look when I get to the office tomorrow
UmustBKidding
Ill be in this weekend. Should have plenty of 5.6 6.2 6.8k among others
Dustoff00
AG
Is this what you are looking for? If so PM me.
Dedicated Unhesitating Service To Our Fighting Forces
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.