Recommended oil change location?

2,162 Views | 18 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by Burn-It
aggiemike02
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
2016 suburban, prefer Mobil 1 oil. Thanks for your recommendation. Eastgate side of campus area.
Stupe
S
Pilger's if you want a mechanic to do it.

https://www.facebook.com/PilgersTireandAutoCenter

The quick change places are cookie cutter. Just go to the closest one on Google maps.
soccerisforwusses
I use Wolf Creek at Rock Prairie. They have always did a good job. Went last week however with my own oil and filter like I usually do - $55. Upped their price big time. Seems harsh. Looking for a new place now so following this thread.
bobinator
AG
I've had a good experience with the (relatively new) Express Oil Change on Wellborn. Seem like good people and when I had a coolant light come on I took it in there. I had recently had the system flushed and refilled and they said sometimes when you do that and then drive for a bit the levels will drop a little, so they topped it off and didn't even charge me for it.

Hard to explain but when I've gone there I've gotten the vibe that they're hard working and want to do a good job versus some other places where when you pull in it almost seems like you're inconveniencing them by trying to bring them business.
TyHolden
AG
That place across from Frankie's gas station and cata-corner to Walmart in CS. The dude that runs that place is top notch. Think it's Midas.
histag10
AG
We usually go to Sevciks if we are in CS. Otherwise we go to the Mobil1 Lube Express on William J Bryan- I really like them!
dubi
AG
I just go to the dealer with a coupon they have on their website.
milner79
Unfortunately, Sevcik no longer does quick in-out oil changes. Oil change treated like any other mechanical appointment.
histag10
AG
milner79 said:

Unfortunately, Sevcik no longer does quick in-out oil changes. Oil change treated like any other mechanical appointment.

Really? When did that change? I stopped about a month ago...
legalbird
Walmart type of places will make you cry when your realize they did not put the drain plug back in place.

Hire a mechanic if you care about your car.
maroon barchetta
legalbird said:

Walmart type of places will make you cry when your realize they did not put the drain plug back in place.

Hire a mechanic if you care about your car.

They will also put your drain plug in and crank on it like The Hulk, which is completely unnecessary.
Diddler_44
AG
milner79 said:

Fake news.
Uncle Bug
AG
Express Oil Change on Wellborn - Hands down THE BEST oil change place I have ever visited... and I have visited many all around the country.

Many, if not all, of the crew are veterans or sons of veterans. They run a tight ship and REALLY take care of you. The Chief runs the show like a carrier flight deck - which he actually did for a living.
maroon barchetta
They catapult the vehicles out when done?
Uncle Bug
AG
maroon barchetta said:

They catapult the vehicles out when done?
HAHA - Then they would REALLY corner the market! I did that in a former life and it was natural to offer a salute ( which was returned) after the director cleared me to...drive to HEB
milner79
Diddler_44 said:

milner79 said:

Fake news.

I don't think so, but maybe they got enough feedback and changed their mind. Which would be good from my perspective.
histag10
AG
milner79 said:

Diddler_44 said:

milner79 said:

Fake news.

I don't think so, but maybe they got enough feedback and changed their mind. Which would be good from my perspective.

When did they change? I know they tried that when new ownership took over, but quickly changed back. And I was there about a month ago for a quick change.
quantumleap
Uncle Bug said:

Express Oil Change on Wellborn - Hands down THE BEST oil change place I have ever visited... and I have visited many all around the country.

Many, if not all, of the crew are veterans or sons of veterans. They run a tight ship and REALLY take care of you. The Chief runs the show like a carrier flight deck - which he actually did for a living.
Might have to check them out, but don't see any prices on their website...can you share what you paid for your last oil change (and what type of oil service it was...i.e. dino, synth-blend, or full-synth)? TIA!
Burn-It
AG
I can 2nd and my wife would 3rd this. These guys are the best by far in the area. Super nice and thorough.
AKA 13-0
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.