KAMU TV - Closed Captioning

748 Views | 2 Replies | Last: 16 days ago by EagleLM
Tank16
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
We're looking for someone else who uses DirectTV, watches KAMU (B/CS PBS TV station), and records the shows. Since April 1, we have not had Closed Captioning on our Direct TV recorded shows from KAMU. If we watch the show live, the captioning is there. This occurs on all TV's. The remotes are set up correctly and don't need new batteries. I have contacted both KAMU and Direct TV multiple times. KAMU tells me the issue isn't on their end. Direct has reset the box twice and has escalated up their technical ladder, but ended up telling me it had to be on KAMU's end because they couldn't find anything wrong.

Anyone else having this specific issue?
Tank6
techno-ag
AG
We don't have DirecTV anymore but there toward the end we noted difficulties on one TV. About half the subtitles would come in during certain broadcasts. It worked fine on other TVs though. Can't recall specific issues with KAMU, it was across the board.
EagleLM
I record a lot of shows on DTV channel 15 KAMU to watch later. Just about all of them I turn on cc when I watch and never have issues.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.