TV repair on-site

623 Views | 4 Replies | Last: 18 days ago by legalbird
waltdebord
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I'm looking for recommendations for a TV repair service who will come to my home to troubleshoot/repair a TCL 65" TV that won't respond to remote control inputs. New remote; new batteries; works on two other similar TVs.

Thanks,

Walt
Walt DeBord
Koko Chingo
AG
TCL is one of the few companies that support 'right to repair' and have parts available for DIY repairs. Sites like iFixit may have some troubleshooting and repair instructions. I would start there or a Google search with your TV and symptom; to see of there is something you are missing maybe that specific model has a slightly different remote pairing process or a known bug with a workaround.

I know you are looking for on-site repair. I would not imagine there is anyone in BCS who would do any repair onsite. Just the service call alone would put you close to 50% of what a brand new 65 inch TCL would cost.

Very few people are doing onsite repairs for televisions. It's now pretty much limited to higher end TV's and broadcast equipment. Even then, onsite is limited to large metro areas. People who do events now carry spare TV's and broadcast monitors versus spare parts.

If it's a Roku TV you can use your phone or even an old phone as a remote with the Roku app as a workaround. I had a Roku TV in the garage and used an old phone to Bluetooth music to a receiver and used the Roku app to control the TV after the original remote died.

Good luck, hope you find a resolution.
waltdebord
AG
Thanks. I'll try the DIY route first. Every search has ended up with something about the remote itself or pairing. I've proven to me that the problem is with the TV receiving signals, not the remotes sending. Three other remotes will operate two other TVs , just not this one (a recent development. Thanks again.
Walt DeBord
mhnatt
TV repair went away with physical video rental stores, music on CDs, etc.

Costco has a 65" 4k QLED for $399 and there you even have a warranty. No brainer.
legalbird
Parts, labor, hoping it was fixed.

Before you throw in the towel, do a factory reset to original settings.

If you give up, find a high school or college kid to trouble shoot for $20.

Then go to Costco if it doesn't work.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.