Ophthalmologist Recommendations

1,835 Views | 18 Replies | Last: 14 days ago by histag10
cdo11
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Looking for a good local eye doctor. Want one that is knowledgeable and not just one that tries to see as many patients as possible in a day.

Thanks in advance!
Email me at cdosgood11@gmail.com.
rptsAg03
Dr. Posvar at Baylor Scott & White- he is busy, but extremely knowledgeable
maroon barchetta
Dr. Marr
mwm
Dr. Kyle Kirkland is now with Dr. Marr. Great team of doctors.
happyinBCS
Dr Mark Lindsay
FlyRod
Dr. Greene, Urban Optics. State of the art tech, super thorough.
75AG
AG
Has Dr. Marr returned to work?
75AG
AG
FlyRod said:

Dr. Greene, Urban Optics. State of the art tech, super thorough.
just an FYI, he is not an ophthalmologist. He is an optometrist.
maroon barchetta
75AG said:

Has Dr. Marr returned to work?

Don't know. Didn't know he was gone.
oklaunion
He is not going to return. Sadly.
maroon barchetta
oklaunion said:

He is not going to return. Sadly.

I hope he is ok.

He was always great when I saw him and even did a minor surgery on my eyelid and it went more smoothly than I could have anticipated (although nothing can really properly prep the inside of your eyelid for an injection!).
Taz1991
Marr, Kirkland, Houser and Van Cleave are all fantastic. Also, the staff is amazing as well.

75AG
AG
Some of y'all need to be reminded there is a difference between an ophthalmologist and an optometrist. Some of the docs you're recommending are not MDs.
Turtle88
AG
Can you tell us what is wrong with Dr Marr? He was a good friend to my late husband. I had heard he was sick
histag10
AG
Are you needing an optometrist or an ophthalmologist? Just asking because you mentioned just needing a good eye doctor.

For optometrist, I would recommend Dr Scasta. She handles all of my eye issues (lattice degeneration and at risk for glaucoma, as well as an eye injury from a few years ago)

For Opthamologist, we have only had to deal with pediatrics and we go to Houston for that.
75AG
AG
Turtle88 said:

Can you tell us what is wrong with Dr Marr? He was a good friend to my late husband. I had heard he was sick
Probably best to not discuss on a public forum.
cdo11
AG
Sorry, should have clarified, actually was looking for an optometrist, but typed ophthalmologist because I had just had a conversation with a relative about their eye issues and going to find an ophthalmologist.

Sorry to cause so much confusion and angst haha. Thanks for all the recommendations!
Email me at cdosgood11@gmail.com.
Girlhowdy
AG
I'm new-ish in the area and have seen a couple mentioned here. Dr. Shini at Eye Trends has by far been the best.
Gig 'Em, Ags
histag10
AG
In that case, I would recommend Dr Scasta.

I had a really bad experience at Urban Optics, and would never recommend someone go there (his "state of the art tech" isn't covered by most insurances, he won't ask if you want him to use that or what your insurance covers, and then he will bill you hundreds of dollars for his 5 minute test. Most offices here have the same tech, and they notify you before hand and give you a reasonable self pay price on it)
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.