Who are you using for lawn fertilization and weed treatment?

5,854 Views | 53 Replies | Last: 3 mo ago by KidDoc
EliteElectric
How long do you want to ignore this user?
We used AG for years then switched a few years ago to a guy that did great work but abruptly went out of business this winter.

Who do you like and recommend?
ags2007
AG
Aggieland Green here. Haven't shopped Fertilizer Guy, but see their trucks in the neighborhood some too.
oklaunion
I will put in a plug for Fertilizer Guy. I have known Randy since he was a mere tyke and he is the most conscientious and hard working young dude I have ever met.
deh40
AG
Aggieland Green.
Tumble Weed
I used Aggieland Green and was very disappointed .

I could do a better job at 25% of the cost.
EliteElectric
Aggieland Green hasn't been the same since it was sold a few years back, that's why we fired them
EliteElectric
oklaunion said:

I will put in a plug for Fertilizer Guy. I have known Randy since he was a mere tyke and he is the most conscientious and hard working young dude I have ever met.
Got a quote from him thanks
ag009
AG
Greener LawnScapes!
Thisguy1
What changed?
FlyRod
Aggieland Green solidified my loyalty by saving all my old trees during this past Summer from Hell. Their deep root treatments are great.
EliteElectric
Thisguy1 said:

What changed?

All I can say is from our experience. What we saw was a difference in customer service. They may very well have righted the ship, but that's why we left them. Ymmv
halibut sinclair
Former Aggieland Green customer, switched to Greener Lawnscapes a few years ago. Better pricing and lawn looks much better.
MsDoubleD81
AG
They always scheduled my service days when there was 100% chance of rain. Then they couldn't do service and would take 2 weeks for them to reschedule.

Who is fertilizer guy?
JP76
I have known Randy for about 14 years now. Before he went to aTm he once helped me finish a job on a Friday by working 15 hours that had a Saturday morning deadline. You will be hard press to find a more honest business person in this county that will go above and beyond to make sure you are 100% happy with his service.
JP76
Randy Clark

https://thefertilizerguy.com/about-us/

Stupe
S
ags2007 said:

Aggieland Green here. Haven't shopped Fertilizer Guy, but see their trucks in the neighborhood some too.
Same here.

They are outstanding.
MsDoubleD81
AG
Thanks!
ElephantRider
AG
Aggieland Green sucks. I canceled halfway through the year last year because my yard was somehow getting worse. It's like they were just coming out and spraying random stuff without actually considering what the grass needed.
UhOhNoAgTag
I also had their tree/shrub program last year. They killed my little gem magnolia.

They still haven't called me for fertilizer but have been to 2 other neighbors in early March. When I called they said yes you are on the schedule, it will be fine. They showed up when my yard guy was here. Said they'd reschedule. Never heard from them. Went and bought fertilizer on my own and put it down.

And every time they came, they could never explain what it was that they were putting down.
UhOhNoAgTag
Calling them tomorrow!
studioone
Not sure why people think taking care of their own yard is difficult...

Just get a fertilizer spreader and a bag of weed n feed from the coop... costs like 30$..
El_duderino
Any reason you can't DIY? The price companies charge vs what it actually costs in supplies/equipment is astronomical from what I've seen. Pre/post, and then cheap fertilizer from producers and you're set.
Thisguy1
What time of the year was it?
beatrice
I could not be happier with Aggieland Green!! They turned my lawn around! One of my favorite companies to work with in town!!
Buford T. Justice
AG
Scott's Weed N' Feed three times a year.
And my lawn is the greenest on our street.
"Gimme a diablo sandwhich and a dr. pepper...to go"
BCSWguru
I use myself.
EliteElectric
To all the DIY'ers congrats on maintaining your own lawn!

However, between running a business and spending time with family and friends, what I am in short supply of is time. I pay for pool service, lawn service, house keeping and yard fertilization amongst other things, it's not that we cannot do those things, it's that we value that time for other things we prefer to do while we can. I enjoy yardwork and imagine when I am retired and have plenty of time I will do everything myself. Today isn't that day.

Thanks for all of the suggestions I have reached out for quotes to several!
ags2007
AG
Please report back what you find out or who you decide to go with. I'm not opposed to a change if one is significantly cheaper than the other.
EliteElectric
Will do
aggielandgreen
Aggieland Green here. Thanks to everyone who has recommended us, we sincerely appreciate the support and for referring us to your friends and neighbors. We are proud to be a locally operated company for over 16 years, and strive to provide excellent customer service and results for all customers.

For anyone who has had a less-than-stellar experience with Aggieland Green, we understand your frustration and apologize for any issues you have experienced with our services. Our phone line is always open and we invite you to please contact our office in the event of concern, and we are more than happy to do our best to make things right.

Thank you all for your valued feedback!
cypress-ag
AG
Follow the Randy Lemon Guide and it never fails me even since I've moved to College Station. RIP Randy but it still works like a champ.
beatrice
Y'all are an amazing company!! Thanks for all you do!!
75AG
AG
aggielandgreen said:

Aggieland Green here. Thanks to everyone who has recommended us, we sincerely appreciate the support and for referring us to your friends and neighbors. We are proud to be a locally operated company for over 16 years, and strive to provide excellent customer service and results for all customers.

For anyone who has had a less-than-stellar experience with Aggieland Green, we understand your frustration and apologize for any issues you have experienced with our services. Our phone line is always open and we invite you to please contact our office in the event of concern, and we are more than happy to do our best to make things right.

Thank you all for your valued feedback!
That's how to respond to customers (and prospective customers). A former company in town should have learned that lesson.
tbone94
AG
Thousands of happy local customers and 15 years of stellar reputation would say otherwise.
birdman
I happily fired Aggieland Green. They may have been Texags sponsors at the time.

I just treat the yard myself. My supplies cost about 1/3rd of what the typical service guys charge.

Depends on what the treatment is, but it doesn't take that long. Doing the entire yard take about an hour.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.