Local Family- Reality TV show

2,399 Views | 12 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by oklaunion
histag10
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Just saw on KBTX that a local family has filmed a reality TV show about living in Iola. Will you watch it? Are you intrigued how one could fill an entire season about living in Iola?

https://www.kbtx.com/2024/03/26/family-embraces-ranch-life-new-show-only-iola/?fbclid=IwAR2O-q7HeKEdlXFZ1Zq8AR5F8SPjKovwb9UJrsZROvxLN8WgnOd214QP9X8
farmersfight
AG
Also a kid from CS is on Top Chef Junior. Only saw the first episode but exciting for him and his family
histag10
AG
I didn't know that was back on! Will have to add it to our weekly watch list!
Average Joe
AG
farmersfight said:

Also a kid from CS is on Top Chef Junior. Only saw the first episode but exciting for him and his family
Miles is an awesome kid! He has an absolutely huge heart and a wonderful family.
TyHolden
AG
Moving out of Austin. This is becoming the norm for Aggies.
Muzzleblast
I live just a few miles north of Iola.
This is pretty standard "fish out of water" reality TV stuff.
If the Kardashians can make it maybe these Austinites can too.
EBrazosAg
AG
All those shows take a lot of dramatic license from "reality " just to make them watchable- especially as each one pushes the limit from the others.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
jja79
AG
I grew up in an area that makes Iola look like a metropolis and just watching the trailer I see nothing at all that hints at reality.
Tailgate88
AG
Muzzleblast said:

I live just a few miles north of Iola.
This is pretty standard "fish out of water" reality TV stuff.
If the Kardashians can make it maybe these Austinites can too.

A better show would be to move a family from Iola to Austin and see how they cope. But what family would want to do that?!
Eric Forman
AG
Well... not everything is as it seems. It's definitely not reality. I've never met them, and I've heard the family is nice and all, but I don't think they're as connected to Iola as this show makes it seem. Their kid doesn't go to the school in Iola and... well, that's basically all there is in Iola. I'm not real sure why Iola was picked to be connected to them to be honest. Probably because it is a really really small town and that makes for good streaming TV.

I live a couple miles south of Iola proper -- my kids go to the school in Iola -- and its small enough to where stuff gets around. There's no other reason I know any of this... there's really no reason I SHOULD know any of this, but here we are.
75AG
AG
My people are from Shiro. Makes you think how close they are/were.
FamousAgg
My reality show is coming soon

The fact that they met with the "cast" tells you all you need to know about the reality of the show.
oklaunion
Eric Forman said:

Well... not everything is as it seems. It's definitely not reality. I've never met them, and I've heard the family is nice and all, but I don't think they're as connected to Iola as this show makes it seem. Their kid doesn't go to the school in Iola and... well, that's basically all there is in Iola. I'm not real sure why Iola was picked to be connected to them to be honest. Probably because it is a really really small town and that makes for good streaming TV.

I live a couple miles south of Iola proper -- my kids go to the school in Iola -- and its small enough to where stuff gets around. There's no other reason I know any of this... there's really no reason I SHOULD know any of this, but here we are.
You almost talked in 3 circles. Very impressive.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.