New Disc Golf Course in Caldwell is ready for play

1,305 Views | 3 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by 91_Aggie
91_Aggie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I know not many of you play, but as a sort of update to City Of Bryan's failure with Park Hudson and allowing a handful of homeowners to deprive Bryan of a fantastic course, the new disc golf in Caldwell is ready for play.

All baskets are installed and there are temporary dirt tee-pads for now. Concrete Tee Pads for the "Blue" version should be going in within a month or so (hopefully before end of April).

This course will be getting lots of players from B/CS going out there.
I urge those who do go to fill-up their gas in College Station or Caldwell. Spend your money in Caldwell or College Station for restaurants as well. I personally will be avoiding spending any money in any Bryan business (probably not a huge loss to City of Bryan, but at this point, it's the principle for me... the way the city handled this and allowed those handful of homeowners to get their way on this will take a lot to make it up for me. City parks are not private and should benefit everyone in the city, not just the people that live next to them.)

This course is going to be a boon to Caldwell as it is as good or better than Park Hudson was.

And to the City of College Station leaders, listen to the local Disc Golf experts in town (I'm not one) when deciding to use Park Land for disc golf. An 18 hole course as good or better than Park Hudson was, will be a boon to the city. (Better yet, let's get two City-owned 18-hole courses in town).

https://www.udisc.com/courses/john-e-hejl-park-at-davidson-creek-yisk/layouts?selectedLayoutId=114151
rockelle
I don't play disc golf but glad you found a place to play. Are all of these courses free? And if so why? I'm just comparing it to golfers and green fees.

When looking at events and people to bring into their cities, City staffers usually think about heads and beds. I don't know how much of a "boon" that will be for Caldwell Texas, but sounds like a good reason for players to visit Caldwell
JYDog90
AG
Interesting, I knew Johnny Hejl for all of my formative years. If you would've told him 50 years ago that there would've been a disc golf course named for him he would've had zero idea what you're talking about.
91_Aggie
AG
The park was already named after himself before disc golf course, I believe
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.