Reptile show this weekend

1,919 Views | 15 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by LightningDammitt
studioone
How long do you want to ignore this user?

Just FYI.... there's a reptile show at the expo center this weekend from 10-4 saturday and sunday...

snakes and geckos and frogs,, oh my....

and carnivorous plants..
TyHolden
AG
They are cute....but they steal your money.

maroon barchetta
Went last year or year before.

The people watching is glorious. Even with all the reptiles to look at, the reptile owners are infinitely more interesting.
ElephantRider
AG
Yearly event for my family. My son loves reptiles. Definitely a lot of weirdos
Tailgate88
AG
https://www.herpshow.net/shows/reptile-show-in-bryan-college-station-tx
Fleen
Careful, I came home with 2 axolotls a few years ago. Very cool and it blows kids minds when they realize they are real and not just made up in Minecraft...
#kindergartenteacherdude
studioone
Fleen said:

Careful, I came home with 2 axolotls a few years ago. Very cool and it blows kids minds when they realize they are real and not just made up in Minecraft...
#kindergartenteacherdud

what exactly is the skill level for those? My kids are dying for one but the people at the Herp shop said they were very difficult.
Fleen
studioone said:

Fleen said:

#kindergartenteacherdud

what exactly is the skill level for those? My kids are dying for one but the people at the Herp shop said they were very difficult.

Like most everything else that has a niche quality to it, I have found there is some serious "gatekeeping" when it comes to axolotl ownership...
Hit me up: username97 Gmail...
FlyRod
I'm an ex-reptile keeper...have had them all. Lots of heartbreak along the way. I hope folks interested really do their homework as reptiles often require incredibly specialized care, housing, nutrition, etc. And there's the whole salmonella thing, which sadly is very real.
Fleen
I get that. I have a wide variety of animals. I have just found axolotl "groups" to be very venemous when it comes to ownership.
BANA89
AG
Tortoises are much lower maintenance than most reptiles. And they are like living dinosaurs.
BANA Class of '86/'89 - Living in Aggieland!
Fleen
Love the tortoise! Have a friend that has one...
maroon barchetta
Here's a few pics I took from when we went a couple years back.

There was a raptor/bird rehab group there. They had this hawk and a vulture and a kestrel falcon and some other stuff. Incredible creatures.

That chameleon was one of the coolest critters I've seen. My wife wanted to take him home.

I've seen cat packs before for crazy cat women who must take their cat everywhere. I didn't know they made them for snakes but sure enough they do.

LightningDammitt
AG
maroon barchetta said:

Here's a few pics I took from when we went a couple years back.

There was a raptor/bird rehab group there. They had this hawk and a vulture and a kestrel falcon and some other stuff. Incredible creatures.

That chameleon was one of the coolest critters I've seen. My wife wanted to take him home.

I've seen cat packs before for crazy cat women who must take their cat everywhere. I didn't know they made them for snakes but sure enough they do.

They make these for pet birds also... beleive it or not...
maroon barchetta
It's weird.
LightningDammitt
AG
Zaktly!
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.