Ice maker repair?

1,250 Views | 10 Replies | Last: 5 mo ago by Hornbeck
Jetty
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Free standing Sub zero ice maker went out. Who fixes those around town?
Smokin Chisel
AG
Manny's
Jetty
AG
Thanks!
AggiePhil
AG
Get used to it, unfortunately. Those things break all the time (all brands).
michellecan
So true Aggie Phil!
meinkee
Buddy's recently replaced mine and the technician told me our water eats them up and the average life is five years. So I dug into my repair file and sure enough, I had replaced it almost exactly five years prior.so I am on my third. At least the fridge is lasting !
JP76
Do you have an inline filter on the water line before it connects to the fridge ?
dallasiteinsa02
Buddy's probably has the best math to do what I am proposing. I wish someone would just come up with a lease and maintenance program. For those that have had an ice maker before, they would do it in a heartbeat.
davido
AG
If you're not replacing an under-counter one, the coutertop GE Opal ones are pretty solid. We picked one up after using a friend's at a campout. It's hugely popular at our house now.
Jetty
AG
It's a free standing but thanks. We tried 2 opals…. One died in 3 days sent it back got a replacement and it lasted a week. We gave up.
Hornbeck
AG
We've had the same luck with opals. We just buy a couple bags at chick fil a a week now
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.