Lounge Bars in BCS - Inquiry

3,125 Views | 14 Replies | Last: 5 mo ago by Outlaw0206
Outlaw0206
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Been a while since I have stayed in BCS for more than a night and was curious on what new, or old, lounge type bars there are that you may enjoy? A place you can grab drinks and sit on a couch or something and enjoy conversation. Basically not Northgate.
maroon barchetta
I have gone to Herschel's at The Stella Hotel to listen to some live music and felt like it had a lounge feel to it.
halibut sinclair
Uncorked in south CS, Vino Boheme in downtown Bryan.
wadd96
AG
I hear good things about 5 Knocks speakeasy at the LeSalle. You have to knock 5 times to enter. Haven't been yet to confirm.
All the God's, all the Heavens, all the Hells are within you.
Outlaw0206
AG
Thanks for the suggestion. Certainly the kind of vibe I was thinking of. Other spot I am familiar with is 1791 Whiskey bar.
trouble
AG
It's closed while Marriott remodels the La Salle. It might not survive either.
trouble
AG
If you like cigars, Velvet Leaf.

If you don't, Word of Mouth is the newest speakeasy opened by the guy who started 5 Knocks. Go in Velvet Leaf and ask for a receipt. They'll tell you what you need to know.
wadd96
AG
Ugh
All the God's, all the Heavens, all the Hells are within you.
aggiemom89
Has anyone been to hush and whisper?
maroon barchetta
aggiemom89 said:

Yes

But I can't talk about it
lawless89
Went to the new rooftop bar at the Hilton Saturday night and it wasn't bad! Our group all enjoyed it for a couple of drinks before we went off to dinner.
BrazosWifi
aggiemom89 said:

They just opened last week. It's nice.
I'd give them a try.
Sponsor Message: http://BrazosWiFi.com | Fast and reliable internet for the Brazos Valley | info@BrazosWiFi.com | 979-999-7000
FlyRod
Hush and Whisper is fantastic. Checked it out on First Friday. Importantly, there are "quiet areas" (upstairs) and more social areas as well. It's about as "loungy" as it gets.

Alas only open Thursday-Saturday I think.
MS08
AG
Outlaw0206 said:

Been a while since I have stayed in BCS for more than a night and was curious on what new, or old, lounge type bars there are that you may enjoy? A place you can grab drinks and sit on a couch or something and enjoy conversation. Basically not Northgate.

Yes, recommend staying at Stella and enjoying Campfire bar or Hershel's. Also, 1791 bar and/or Porter's bar while staying at The George. Have fun!
Outlaw0206
AG
Thanks everyone for the recommendations!
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.