*****Official 2023 Season Flyover Details*****

24,522 Views | 177 Replies | Last: 9 mo ago by AggiePhil
Aggie Network
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Sponsor
AG
Saturday, September 2 vs. New Mexico

1st Lt. Nam Cao '20 will be among the pilots for 2023's first home-game flyover, which will feature four UH-60 Black Hawk helicopters.

The flyover will be conducted by Charlie Company of the 1st Assault Helicopter Battalion, 158th Aviation Regiment ("Ghostriders") of the U.S. Army Reserve. They are based in Conroe, Texas.

In addition to Cao, the personnel will include Chief Warrant Officer 4 William Long; Chief Warrant Officer 2 Jeremy Aubert; Chief Warrant Officer 3 Ross Thomman; Chief Warrant Officer 3 Mark Sills; Chief Warrant Officer 2 Andrew Gilbertson; Maj. Christopher Fishell; and Chief Warrant Officer 2 John Lopez.

If you're an Association of Former Students donor, you help provide hotel accommodations for pilots and crew as needed for home game flyovers, which are coordinated by the Corps of Cadets.

Thank you!

The Association of Former Students | Texas A&M University
AggieNetwork@AggieNetwork.com | (979) 845-7514
Tailgate88
AG
WHOOP!
maroon barchetta
MiMi
dubi
tfunk02
AG
I love it once or maybe twice, but I hope this isn't the theme for the year again. Loud jets please!
dubi
AG
tfunk02 said:

I love it once or maybe twice, but I hope this isn't the theme for the year again. Loud jets please!
We do not get cool aircraft for pansy opponents and Biden is letting our military fall apart.
TyHolden
AggiePhil
AG
Flyover time for today's game please?
Tailgate88
AG
AggiePhil said:

Flyover time for today's game please?

National anthem is 14 minutes before kickoff and flyover at the end, so approx 5:48-5:50 today, per the Corps op order.
TSJ
AG
Can we get the two fire fighting planes stationed at Easterwood to mist us each quarter? After they take care of Huntsville first, of course.
dubi
AG
TSJ said:

Can we get the two fire fighting planes stationed at Easterwood to mist us each quarter? After they take care of Huntsville first, of course.

I could use that mist about now. My son and his GF were slow getting ready so I wasn't in my seat for the flyover.
Aggie Network
Sponsor
AG
Saturday, September 16 vs. ULM

This weekend's home-game flyover will feature a KC-135R and a KC-46 based out of Altus Air Force Base, Oklahoma, from the U.S. Air Force's 97th Air Mobility Wing, whose men and women train aircrew to operate these advanced tanker systems.

The KC-135R Stratotanker is an air refueling platform that has been extending American airpower for 60 years.

The KC-46 Pegasus is the newest Air Force tanker.

The lineup of pilots and crew will not be finalized until Friday, but no Aggies are expected to take part in this flyover as of now.

If you're an Association of Former Students donor, you help provide hotel accommodations for pilots and crew as needed for home game flyovers, which are coordinated by the Corps of Cadets.

Thank you!

The Association of Former Students | Texas A&M University
AggieNetwork@AggieNetwork.com | (979) 845-7514
dubi
AG
Flyover at 2:46pm according to the schedule. But be read a few minutes early!
CharlieBrown17
AG
dubi said:

Flyover at 2:46pm according to the schedule. But be read a few minutes early!

If they let the 135 lead there's no telling.

A 135 and 17 did the MLB home derby in "pre contact" so the 17 was 100' below and aft of the 135. Think they were 3ish minutes off their time
CharlieBrown17
AG
And I assume it'll be a similar setup for the flyover this time.

Everyone that's sleeping on this one is in for a treat, the 46 in particular is huge compared to the normal jets we have for fly overs.
dubi
AG
One year we had a B52 and they were a full 10 minutes early and flew over the quad instead of Kyle Field. I still had my lens cap on my camera.

So that is why I suggested everyone be ready early.
trouble
AG
The littles are excited. The bigger one in particular since he knows where Altus is.
MyNameIsJeff
AG
Anybody seen them yet? I'm not seeing anything on flight radar.
MyNameIsJeff
AG
MyNameIsJeff said:

Anybody seen them yet? I'm not seeing anything on flight radar.

Nevermind. Just found them just west of Wichita Falls.
maroon barchetta
Is this weather moving in going to affect these plans?
MyNameIsJeff
AG
maroon barchetta said:

I thought they were headed back to OK, but they just turned south on the big East/west loop they flew. So looks like they're headed back.

AggiePhil
AG
I mean, they should definitely have enough gas to wait it out.
EBrazosAg
AG
They are in a hold over Bastrop
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
MyNameIsJeff
AG
Headed back this way.
maroon barchetta
AggiePhil
AG
Dang, looks like I just missed it.
trouble
AG
We damn near missed it in the stadium
boredatwork08
AG
Very cool. It was a little bizarre seeing planes that large flying so close together.
Tailgate88
AG
Texas A&M vs ULM flyover 09/16/23 - KC-135R Stratotanker & KC-46 Pegasus #tamu #flyover #shorts

EBrazosAg
AG
For those guys, that's not that close………
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
CharlieBrown17
AG
EBrazosAg said:

For those guys, that's not that close………

For reference, this is probably 25-50' closer than they were. Didn't have any good pictures handy in actual contact.
CharlieBrown17
AG
MyNameIsJeff said:

maroon barchetta said:

I thought they were headed back to OK, but they just turned south on the big East/west loop they flew. So looks like they're headed back.

Probably was just easier to go back to the pre-coordinated route they had filed.

Doing weird **** around college station is a pain. Easterwood doesn't have its own approach control so it's Houston center and they're busy enough with Houston and get pretty annoyed when you do weird **** at Easterwood.
EagleLM
How come they didn't fly over at the end of the national anthem? It couldn't have been a timing problem.

I haven't been to many games recently so is this a new trend to fly over just before kickoff?. And I don't remember any announcement in the stadium that they were coming unless I missed it with all the loud music and pre-kickoff festivities.
dubi
AG
They never announce the flyover as it comes during the national anthem.

I suspect this was simply a timing issue as the planes had flown over to Austin while they where circling waiting for the lightning delay to end. These planes make huge circles compared to the helos and little jets.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.