Roadside Memorial in Pebble Creek

2,193 Views | 13 Replies | Last: 10 mo ago by milner79
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Pebble Creek Parkway had a road side memorial set up for like 3 days (just got removed yesterday I think). Anyone know the story behind this? It's a 35mph speed limit so its extra unusual.
aggiepaintrain
AG
Tragic accident
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
Lol, good grief.
happyinBCS
what happened
Tailgate88
AG
Those dang Armadillos are really bad at looking both ways.
Belton Ag
AG
I'm not sure he's gonna get well soon.
maroon barchetta
Tailgate88 said:

Those dang Armadillos are really bad at looking both ways.

And skunks

And possums

Raccoons are a little better at it

Beavers

The occasional fox

Sometimes a coyote or bobcat

PETA should train these critters. They would probably rather just eliminate automobiles.
lockett93
AG
DDP
lockett93
AG
It used to have more. I love the portrait!
TyHolden
AG
at least they got the beer right
lburton
AG
Hi everyone. So, the screenshot of my Nextdoor post is from a picture I took around 2:30pm on Sunday (21st). I went for a bike ride around 7am that morning and at that time, it was just the dead armadillo, balloon, and the six pack of Lone Star. I was riding up on it was thought, WTH. Then looked at it and had a good laugh. The memorial continued to grow throughout the day and the last photo on this thread depicts what the end result was like. There were a few toppled or open beers on Monday morning, but those were the items.

The memorial items were removed on Monday, but the dead armadillo was still (and I think still is) there. So many of us had a lot of fun keeping up with the memorial. Whoever started it out with the balloon and beer, you sure made a lot of us happy that day! So sad that it was taken down.
maroon barchetta
lburton said:

Hi everyone. So, the screenshot of my Nextdoor post is from a picture I took around 2:30pm on Sunday (21st). I went for a bike ride around 7am that morning and at that time, it was just the dead armadillo, balloon, and the six pack of Lone Star. I was riding up on it was thought, WTH. Then looked at it and had a good laugh. The memorial continued to grow throughout the day and the last photo on this thread depicts what the end result was like. There were a few toppled or open beers on Monday morning, but those were the items.

The memorial items were removed on Monday, but the dead armadillo was still (and I think still is) there. So many of us had a lot of fun keeping up with the memorial. Whoever started it out with the balloon and beer, you sure made a lot of us happy that day! So sad that it was taken down.

I'm sure it violated some HOA rule.
Jinx
maroon barchetta said:

.... They would probably rather just eliminate automobiles.

I known it's a (well deserved) jab at PETA, but there are some cities in the world that are instituting more pedestrian and bicycle friendly parts of their city - removing roads and replacing with storefronts and greenery. Sort of like what they did in Northgate for a block, but for several blocks.

I wouldn't hate that - but I also know that is wildly unlikely to ever happen anywhere near here.
milner79
My favorite Jim Franklin drawing ... Alternate Route ...

Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.