Have you ever been to an escape room in Bryan/College Station?

3,149 Views | 27 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Stupe
lethalninja
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Have you ever been to an escape room in Bryan/College Station? I went to one in Bryan in 2016 and I liked it, but I haven't been to any since then.
Txmoe
AG
Went to Escape Room BCS on Harvey a few years ago. Thought it was pretty good.
trackaggie76
AG
There is a really good one in Cypress. You need to check it out. Aggie owned!

https://www.escapology.com/en/houston-(cypress)-tx
lethalninja
On a scale of 1 to 10, what would you say the difficulty is (1 being extremely easy and 10 being extremely difficult)?
Txmoe
AG
lethalninja said:

On a scale of 1 to 10, what would you say the difficulty is (1 being extremely easy and 10 being extremely difficult)?
I would give it a 6. Not ridiculously easy but we solved it with some time to spare. I looked on their website but didn't see anything that looked like the one we did, but that was at least 5 years ago. Their website lists each room and the difficulty for each which I guess would be helpful.
maddiedou
AG
The escape room BCS on Harvey is also owned by an Aggie

They have 5 And maybe 6 now with a1-10 difficulties rooms

Sherlock is very hard and they were working on a new one Asylum which was going to be crazy good if he got it working

I built the attic. Sherlock. And asylum for them and the networking that goes into each room is crazy. I think they worked on Sherlock for two years non stop programming on all the tricks
IWannaGoFast1
AG
Escape Room BCS is awesome
maddiedou
AG
I believe there are 5 names on twxags that have worked for Escape BCS and have built props, rooms and all the networking that goes into the rooms

I will also say these rooms are not cheap I do not want to guess how much money goes into the last three rooms that I built but I will say Jeff spares no expense in getting it correct

He definitely has a love for the product escape room
ShookAg
AG
Credit for great build quality goes to the subs who help work on the props and consultants who advise such as noted Sherlock Holmes expert Dr. Shawna Ross . Special thanks to @maddidou and @coleeasterling (competent cole) for their continued help!

Gig em '90
lethalninja
What's the fastest you've seen someone solve an escape room? In The Big Bang Theory, they did it in six minutes.
ShookAg
AG
Most people would be angry if they escaped in six minutes. In our study most people responded that they'd rather not get out at all than get out with too much time left so most people prefer more difficult rooms and we design with that in mind.

We had a husband and wife escape our most difficult room with 21 minutes (out of an hour) remaining. We double checked that they had never done it before - really impressive - those two are the best team I have ever seen. No wasted time, no disagreements just pure cooperative teamwork.

Best overall groups are auditors - they're trained to ignore distractions and are unusually good at focusing on the right thing.

Gig em '90
lethalninja
The reason they did it in six minutes was because the characters that did the escape room all had PHDs and were really smart, so I was wondering if there was anyone here that completed an escape room in a similar time (like ten to fifteen minutes), since some people are really good at the kind of reasoning that escape rooms require.
ShookAg
AG
In our experience PhD's frequently overthink puzzles. Smartness by itself is not a good predictor of success at least in an escape room. There is never a test of arcane knowledge in a well designed room. Good room design is about problem solving and cooperation. So people who pay attention to details do best.

Gig em '90
lethalninja
Have you ever seen anyone finish an escape room with less than two minutes left?
maddiedou
AG
lethalninja said:

The reason they did it in six minutes was because the characters that did the escape room all had PHDs and were really smart, so I was wondering if there was anyone here that completed an escape room in a similar time (like ten to fifteen minutes), since some people are really good at the kind of reasoning that escape rooms require.

And it was tv which is all made up anyways so who knows if it only took 6 min
lethalninja
True, but people have solved escape rooms in six minutes in real life (not that many, but there's probably some people out there).
maddiedou
AG
You understand anybody can do the super easy or the very hardest

Also you understand that somebody can do an escape room more than once and just not tell their friends that they have ever done on and show out and get out in 5 minutes

Sherlock takes 6-10 minutes just to get out of the first room and that is crazy time if that and then two more after that
lethalninja
If they've already done the escape room before, then they do the same one again in five minutes, that doesn't count as doing it in five minutes, since they've already done it before. I've only been to one escape room, so I was underestimating the time it takes to complete them before you said Sherlock has three rooms. I thought the escape rooms were just one room.
ShookAg
AG
every day

Gig em '90
lethalninja
What about within the last thirty seconds?
ShookAg
AG
it is very common for people to escape at the last seconds or minutes.

Gig em '90
lethalninja
Is it also common for people to not finish the escape room in time?
maddiedou
AG
Shook. You just have to stop replying Danija will ask you a question after question if you keep responding
dallasiteinsa02
We did one in Houston that the last clue was supposed to give you a magnet that you rubbed on a panel next to the door. I happen to pick up an R2-D2 off the shelf walk over to the panel and the door opens. It was about 2 minutes into their toughest room. They came and took the R2-D2, said that isn't it, and slammed the door. We still solved it with about 10 minutes left but it was quite funny. They didn't know that the base of the toy happen to have a magnet.
lethalninja
That's the last question I have for him.
LOYAL AG
AG
We did a "4*" room at the one in Harvey a few weeks ago. It was me, Mrs LOYAL AG, daughter of LOYAL AG, son of LOYAL AG and son's girlfriend. We finished with like two minutes left and when we got out they told us that about 35% of groups escape from that room.

We had a great time and will definitely do it again.
A fearful society is a compliant society. That's why Democrats and criminals prefer their victims to be unarmed. Gun Control is not about guns, it's about control.
redball
I recently visited the Padlock Escape Games location behind Barnes and Noble. It was fun and the puzzle challenging enough to be entertaining. We escaped with a few minutes to spare. I also learned my wife is crazy competitive.

http://www.padlockescapegames.com/
Stupe
S
We've done all of those rooms at that one.

Had a lot of fun doing the one that the kids called "National Treasure".
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.