Local Pharmacy Recs?

2,144 Views | 13 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Texker
Mr Mojo Risin
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
We've been using the Walgreen's nearest our house for the last 5 years and they've been mostly good, but I have been frustrated with the most of the pharm techs that I seem to interact with mostly. There is one that is fantastic, can't remember her name, but the others seem to be new, or lost, or just don't care to help out when a medication is out of stock (like seeing if one of the other locations has it).

Enough rambling, does anyone have a local pharmacy that they would recommend or if there is a particular location of one of the big chains that has been consistently good?

Thank you in advance, and STAFF, if this is posted on the wrong forum, go ahead and relocate or tell me where to post.
America was built on speed, hot, nasty, badass speed.
happyinBCS
HEB tower point
halibut sinclair
Village Foods
TXCityGirl
HEB = helps every body - great pharmacy teams
BaitShack
AG
I love interacting with the shadowy broken-English-speaking figure behind the tinted/mirrored glass at the Boonville Walgreens drive-thru.
halibut sinclair
BaitShack said:

I love interacting with the shadowy broken-English-speaking figure behind the tinted/mirrored glass at the Boonville Walgreens drive-thru.
We use the Boonville Walgreen's and I have not encountered anyone there that speaks broken English. I do park and walk inside, though, as I am not lazy.
tbone94
AG
Not Walgreens. They have gone to **** recently.
EBrazosAg
AG
Village and Gold Star are consistent favorites of my patients. Walgreens and CVS are in a race to the bottom IMHO. They both are holding several ton bricks as they free dive ….. it's a tossup on which is worse. It's a tough business for the locals as PBMs drive business to the chains. If you want a middle ground Brookshire Bros is a great Texas chain option.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
75AG
AG
Do y'all really converse, or even need to converse with a pharmacist? The techs do everything except "counsel" and that's covered with the multi-page document given with each Rx. The role of the retail pharmacist has greatly diminished over the past few decades.
Rapier108
BCS Pharmacy
When I was young and healthy I rarely needed a prescription and any old pharmacy would do.

Now that I am older and medically complex, the pharmacist is an important member of the team. I've got a dozen prescriptions and even some that are compounded (made per individual order).

GoldStar Pharmacy is my preferred pharmacy. Since covid-19 there have been supply issues for everyone and it takes a pharmacy extra work (for no extra money) to track down medications that are in short supply or find out if backorder is days or weeks or forever. Sometimes they must call the doctor back to say we can't get the 20 mg pill but can get the 10 mg but we need a new prescription to fill it. Sometimes the insurance company declines it for whatever reason and we have to decide whether to appeal (but not if you need the med asap) or pay cash or find alternative med.

Good pharmacists and pharm techs are priceless.
75AG
AG
95% of prescriptions are filled with no pharmacist to customer interaction. But it's good to know in a medically complex situation, you have one whom you trust and is knowledgeable of your medical situation.
ro828
This is going to make a lot of people grind their teeth, but we've been happy with the College Station Walmart. The staff remembers our names and are very professional.
Texker
AG
Don't live in CS, just a comment from the peanut gallery. I don't have any regular 'scripts but I wouldn't hesitate to use a Walmart Pharmacy. I did have a 'script over the summer and my local WM handled checking and transferring to another area WM as they were out of stock.

Out of the box thought: Costco recently opened in CS. You do not need to be a member to use their pharmacy. Outstanding company with great customer service and prices. That's where I'd go.

Yes, I know I didn't go to Costco for the above referenced 'script but the WM was literally across the street from the Dr office so I went with convenience.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.