Gyms with pools

2,573 Views | 19 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by mtec
Scoopen Skwert
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Royal Oaks Racquet had one but not sure if they are open anymore. I thought the Golds on west villa Maria had one too.

Any recommendations? Please and thank you.
halibut sinclair
TruFit (formerly Aerofit) on W. Villa Maria in Bryan.
AggiePhil
AG
Was Royal Oaks Racquet on Carter Creek? Only guessing since that area is or was called Royal Oaks. It was called AeroFit as long as I can remember but I'm not sure what it's called now or if it's even still open.
whoop1995
AG
If you are a former student you can sign up for the rec center and use all equipment and pools
I collect ticket stubs! looking for a 1944 orange bowl and 1981 independence bowl ticket stub as well as Aggie vs tu stubs - 1926 and below, 1935-1937, 1939-1944, 1946-1948, 1950-1951, 1953, 1956-1957, 1959, 1960, 1963-1966, 1969-1970, 1972-1974, 1978, 1980-1981, 1983-1984, 1990, 2004, 2006, 2008, 2010
Scoopen Skwert
AG
Yes that's the one. In the Old Oaks neighborhood.
Smeghead4761
The only Golds I know of on Villa Maria is the one at Tejas Center, and it doesn't have a pool. The one at Tower Point has an infinity pool, IIRC.
ZoneClubber
AG
halibut sinclair said:

Hasn't had water in it for years
Red Pear Luke (BCS)
Sponsor
AG
Smeghead4761 said:

The only Golds I know of on Villa Maria is the one at Tejas Center, and it doesn't have a pool. The one at Tower Point has an infinity pool, IIRC.

Tower point golds has the pool "indefinitely closed". I've never seen it open or used when I'm there. Would absolutely love to be able to swim in the winter when it's too cold and nasty outside for a run.
Sponsor Message: We Split Commissions. Full Service Agents in Austin, Bryan-College Station, Dallas-Fort Worth, Houston and San Antonio. Red Pear Realty
Buford T. Justice
AG
And that was a big factor in why I chose to join GGTP.
Thinking of going back to the Rec.
Red Pear Luke (BCS)
Sponsor
AG
Buford T. Justice said:

And that was a big factor in why I chose to join GGTP.
Thinking of going back to the Rec.

Yep. My struggle with the rec is it's hard to drive and workout and then get back home in time to get the kid to daycare. We live over behind Pebble Creek so that golds is highly convenient location wise.
Sponsor Message: We Split Commissions. Full Service Agents in Austin, Bryan-College Station, Dallas-Fort Worth, Houston and San Antonio. Red Pear Realty
AggiePhil
AG
Red Pear BCS Luke said:

Smeghead4761 said:

Tower point golds has the pool "indefinitely closed". I've never seen it open or used when I'm there.

So it isn't an infinity pool, it's an indefinitely pool. LOL Crazy that a brand new gym built a pool into it that's never open.
MS08
AG
TruFit at longmire and Rock Prairie
befitter
AggiePhil said:

Red Pear BCS Luke said:

Smeghead4761 said:

Tower point golds has the pool "indefinitely closed". I've never seen it open or used when I'm there.

So it isn't an infinity pool, it's an indefinitely pool. LOL Crazy that a brand new gym built a pool into it that's never open.
When GGTP opened the pool was open for a a couple years. It was shutdown during COVID and hasn't reopened. Golds Corp. was also bought out by a company out of Germany and I guess decided it wasn't worth the upkeep.
AGDOC95
AG
Really wish GGTP would reopen their pool. I would pay extra to have access to an indoor pool near where I live.
Koko Chingo
AG
I do not know how old you are, so this may not apply.

My mom does water aerobics with St. Joes. She has gone to the MatureWell pool by the Stella before and also to St Joes rehab hospital next to Blinn. I am not sure what the difference is.

Its all seniors and it seems like a they are a good group who friendly and care about each other.
halibut sinclair
Zone416 said:

halibut sinclair said:

Hasn't had water in it for years
Then they should update their website offering aquatic workouts. And also change that the Villa Maria location is not in College Station.
ZoneClubber
AG
Yep. Add it to the long list of things that gym needs to do
localag88
What I call "the old folks gym"...the St. Joe's Wellness Center out by the Stella, has a nice indoor pool
The problem with people that don't get it is they don't get that they don't get it.
runnrboy
AG
If all you are wanting to do is swim laps, Bryan Aquatic Center has a heated outdoor pool with various hours for lap swimming.
https://www.bryantx.gov/parks-and-recreation/pools-and-aquatic-facilities/
mtec
Yep, such as showing up for work and opening on time. I can't even count the number of times I've sat in the parking lot at 5AM with a group of other folks waiting for the gym to open at its listed hours.

They also have fake Birds Eye (reputation builder) reviews online. Buyer beware. The actual reviews are horrendous when you find them.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.