Who installs Christmas lights in town?

3,398 Views | 26 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by aggiepaintrain
aggiepaintrain
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Looking for cheap and good
I have the lights
1 story house
AGDOC95
AG
Texas Light Crew - run by local fire fighters
ags4rocks
My son has his own Christmas light business, he is Senior at CSHS and future aggie. He Custom makes them for your house. He does good work,
RJ3
AG
ABC Home & Commercial Services. We've been installing lights for years and will be doing it for many years to come!
Rex Racer
AG
Greener Lawnscapes
Love Gun
1. Borrow a ladder from a friend
2. Buy staples and a staple gun from Lowe's
3. Keep the Christmas tradition alive and put up your own decorations
A Net Full of Jello
AG
Love Gun said:

Do not staple your Christmas lights.
Love Gun
A Net Full of Jello said:

Love Gun said:

I don't put staples through the wires. I also don't believe in spending a ton on lights, either
halibut sinclair
A Net Full of Jello said:

Love Gun said:

Or use curved staples.
Mumbo Jimbo
AggieHandymanBlake
AG
Ace Handyman Services. We can provide labor to put up lights you already own, or provide custom length lights for you. Not required to use our lights but you have that option. Either way, we will take down and store at your house so you don't have to worry about losing the investment of the lights next year.
aggiepaintrain
AG
Need contact info
MS08
AG
I have been using ABC for past couple seasons.
AggieHandymanBlake
AG
aggiepaintrain said:

Need contact info

9 seven 9 464 five 0 nine 0
AggiePhil
AG
AGDOC95 said:

Texas Light Crew - run by local fire fighters

Who, specifically?
AGDOC95
AG
I do not know them personally, but here is the link to the "about us" on their web page. They did a great job for an affordable price.
https://texaslightcrew.com/about-us/
aggie-1997
AG
ags4rocks said:

My son has his own Christmas light business, he is Senior at CSHS and future aggie. He Custom makes them for your house. He does good work,
How can we contact your son for a quote?
betas2000
AG
Highly recommend Alex Escalante, he did some great work for us this weekend. 979-326-9431
The Good Aggieboy19
AG
ags4rocks said:

Contact info??
gig'em
ags4rocks
Here is my sons info for anyone else out there.. he does a good job!!!!
AggieHandymanBlake
AG
I've spent some time researching this.... Here's a rundown of what to expect if you're shopping for light installers. There are plenty of companies/individuals in town offering the service (some know what they're doing, some don't). Most companies charge by the foot. Price for the first year includes the lights, then the price for the second year is labor only to install the lights you purchased already. $7-10/foot is the going rate to include lights (about $3-4/foot of that is the material cost, the rest is labor). These installers want you to use their lights because they know they won't have to jack with messed up strands, tangles, bad bulbs, bad clips, etc. from customer-provided lights. They also probably want to store the lights at their shop so that you have to call them back to install next year.

If you're shopping, consider these 3 options -
  • I agree with previous comments on this thread that Texas Light Crew is a very reputable, and well run light installation company in the BCS. He's also branched out to Austin I believe. I've talked with the owner Jeff at length about how he runs his business and he does it right. And yes, Jeff and his crew are all local EMS/Firefighters.
  • Arrow S Pest Control. The owner Trevor partners up with a home inspector and the two of them do Christmas lights since both of their primary businesses are a little slower in this season. They do an awesome job, and Trevor is a stand up guy.
  • Then there's us (Ace Handyman Services Bryan College Station). We are a little different because we charge an hourly rate for the install (not by the foot), which allows us to put up customer-provided lights and decorations if that's your preference, or we can put up custom length lights that we supply & cut on site at $3/foot. Most average homes are 2-3 hours with 2 guys to do the install, purely based on how simple or extensive you want to go with it. So far, in every job we've done our hourly rate comes out cheaper than the standard per-foot price. When we take the lights down after the holidays, we will store them at your home.
aggiepaintrain
AG
Found someone to do it for $35/hr

Ace was by far the best other option (cheapest, professional etc) of those offered here.
MsC2012
AG
Switched to permanent lights and never have to worry about this again!!
Broncos
May have to hit them up. I was supposed to put ours up Sunday but I may have broken a few ribs today…
InMyOpinion
MsC2012 said:

Switched to permanent lights and never have to worry about this again!!
??
MsC2012
AG
They aren't in BCS yet, but they are called Trimlight. It's very reasonable as long as you price out install. I can control them from an app. Someone should franchise them in CS. They are amazing. I told a lot of people about them when I was in town this weekend.

aggiepaintrain
AG
Well one place quoted me $6k for the ones under your eves, I take it that's not reasonable.

Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.