Howdy's Pizza closing

4,095 Views | 20 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by FlyRod
rsa
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
From their website today: https://www.howdyspizza.com/closing. Hate to see another local venture close their doors.
texasaggie2015
AG
Was never a big fan, but I hate to see a local business have to close regardless. I know a lot of folks who enjoyed their pizza. Best of luck to them.
bobinator
AG
Aw man, I love their pizza. For me it wasn't the kind you got often, but when you had a craving for it, you had to have it.

Says they're hoping to reopen in a new location next year, I hope they do.
Vinewood_03
Man they had the best pizza in town!!!!
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
I'm actually going to miss their pizza and cream corn at Kyle Field more than anything! Best stadium pizza hands down!
Texasyankee
Howdy's was great!

It never was a place to get a classic pie, but when I was craving something different, Howdy's delivered.
jeffk
AG
Bummed. We loved Howdy's.
GiveEmHellBill
AG
Their BLT Bruschetta on their appetizer menu was my wife and I's favorite. We even once asked them to make it as a regular-sized pizza and had it as our meal.

Regardless of whether or not it was for you or you preferred another place close by, we should always be sad to see a local family-run business close up.

I had heard that, before the pandemic, they were doing well enough to begin planning a second location. Now, they are closing. Just sad news.
Bucketrunner
We've eaten there regularly and ordered out throughout the Chinese flu shutdowns. Loved their ranch sauce with canadian bacon and fried jalapeño chips. We went there the Wednesday before Thanksgiving and ordered same. Got a tomato sauce pizza with no meat and raw jalapeño slices - nothing like what we ordered. We were dumbfounded. It all makes sense now.
althormoon
They had good pizza and shakes but I can't say I'm surprised. The wait times were absurd...and then you'd get there and it wouldn't even look that busy. Gave them several shots but never went back after I tried placing an order one time just to be told it would be ready for pickup in "about 2 hours"...This was before Covid and from what I hear it got even worse after that. Just a failure in staff and service.
Texker
AG
Sad to hear. We went for the first time when we were in town in May. The pizza was awesome but the service slow and disjointed. I understand given the environment especially since I have industry experience. The restaurant biz is tough enough in a favorable environment much less the **** show of the last 2 years or so. I hope they rebound and do well!
AggieBarstool
Awe man. They were my favorite pizza in BCS, right next to Rx.
halibut sinclair
Sorry to see a local business close, but went there once and it was not that great.
Stupe
S
We loved it and it was a special occasion pizza. It was too expensive to eat there regularly, but we did when we could

I hate that another place is being closed because of a stupid reaction by our government.
maroon barchetta
Stupe said:

We loved it and it was a special occasion pizza. It was too expensive to eat there regularly, but we did when we could

I hate that another place is being closed because of a stupid reaction by our government.

Sounds like they were slow prior to the Rona
Stupe
S
Sounds like they were slow based on what? Whenever we went they had a regular stream of business.
Stupe
S
We had the same negative issues when we went there after they first opened but they listened to the feedback professionally. We were given our They put a lot of effort into working them out and were doing a good job prior to the shutdown.

I really don't understand the callousness or the joking about a locally owned business shutting down. They are people that had the guts to take a chance and are now probably going to be in a financial bind.

91_Aggie
AG
Unless staff cleaned this up, I don't see much joking or making fun of them for going out of business.
I see people posting about their observations about their service being very slow even before Covid.

We experienced that as well before Covid. There really was no one else in the dining room and we were waiting over 1 hour for 2 pizzas to be done for dine in service.

We only did take out or deliver after that and that was fine.

But we vowed never to dine-in again.
kyledr04
AG
I only ever had takeout or delivery. We loved it.
Tibbers
Jeepers, and here I thought the mark up on pizza was enough to survive most every contingency, especially in a college town.
FlyRod
Friend and I in SCstat went a few times and the waits were very long. I hope the employees land on their feet.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.