Dunkin This Morning

13,147 Views | 87 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by halibut sinclair
ZachTheGoodAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
In case you are thinking about stopping by this morning on the way to work......don't.

Just before 7 am, the drive through line went all the way around the building, on to Wellborn Rd, and continued down Wellborn almost to Shell station at Rock Prairie! There was also a line out the door that wrapped half way around the side of the building.

Situation normal when something new opens in BCS!

ZTGA
FlyRod
Not dissimilar to the Starbucks near me...which is anything but new.
Aggie
AG
People get stupid when something new opens up.

It will be there for awhile

Never understood waiting in long lines for ..... something that will always be there.
91_Aggie
AG
Dude. You have to get there on opening day so you can post pics on social media of yourself and your food/drinks.
TxSquarebody
The opening day/week/month hysteria is a geographical anomaly I hope holds true when I open my BBQ joint. In a town of donuts within blocks of everyone, here's to hoping Dunkin is successful!
91_Aggie
AG
TxSquarebody said:

The opening day/week/month hysteria is a geographical anomaly I hope holds true when I open my BBQ joint. In a town of donuts within blocks of everyone, here's to hoping Dunkin is successful!
Dunkin is more like Starbucks now... donuts are not main seller
A Net Full of Jello
AG
It was crazy this morning both when I was headed to HEB and when I was out on my morning run. Absolutely NUTS.
ChipFTAC01
AG
They are for their newer areas. Basically they have to sell enough donuts and other foods until they turn into primarily a coffee shop which is where the real profitability lies.

Source: I briefly was involved with their expansion in this part of the world.
techno-ag
AG
Glad to see a new place make it during these ridiculous Covid times we're in.
halibut sinclair
Totally agree.
FlyRod
studioone
Traffic hazard...
Builder93
AG
Note to self: Open diabetes treatment clinic in College Station.
war hymn aggie
AG
Ridiculousness.

I don't have the patience to wait in line for 2-3 hours for a dad gummed DOUGHNUT when I could go to Shipley's or Krispy Kreme & get my circular heart disease fix in minutes.

KK had the same thing happen when they opened up on Harvey last year & now I hardly ever see a line there whenever I pass by.

SMH
halibut sinclair
No need for these lesser joints when we have the tasty excellence of Shipley's.
jeffk
AG
halibut sinclair said:

No need for these lesser joints when we have the tasty excellence of Babe's.
txyaloo
AG
halibut sinclair said:

No need for these lesser joints when we have the tasty excellence of Shipley's.
Dunkin' can't complete when most stuff comes in frozen. That's why they failed when trying to come into Texas years ago.
deh40
AG
Just drove by a few minutes ago and the line was still wrapped around the building and down the street.
ChipFTAC01
AG
Yep
trouble
AG
jeffk said:

halibut sinclair said:

No need for these lesser joints when we have the tasty excellence of Babe's.

You mean Stella's

Stella's Donuts

https://yelp.to/Fb2DslqeFbb
jeffk
AG
I do not! I'm telling the mods on you!
trouble
AG
Bring it, coach!
Tailgate88
AG
According to my sources who sat in line yesterday... Shipleys donuts are much better but Dunkin has various other breakfast items including lots of savory items which are really good, and better coffee than Shipleys.
labmansid
I had no idea they had opened yesterday. I was a bit surprised when I happened to drive past the scene.

BQ_90
AG
Are they giving away free gold filled donuts or something
Builder93
AG
labmansid said:

I had no idea they had opened yesterday. I was a bit surprised when I happened to drive past the scene.

I don't want a donut. I want that dashcam.
legalbird
the donuts are made fresh each day
Builder93
AG
legalbird said:

althormoon
legalbird said:

That's not even true, they don't even have the capacity to make donuts in their store. Their donuts are made in a warehouse and shipped in. That has been Dunkin's business model for years, it's not even a secret.
AggiePhil
AG
althormoon said:

legalbird said:

That's not even true, they don't even have the capacity to make donuts in their store. Their donuts are made in a warehouse and shipped in. That has been Dunkin's business model for years, it's not even a secret.

Seriously???
FlyRod
I prefer Shipley's myself (and I'm an actual Yankee from Maine), but this dunking on Dunkin is just fake news. SAD! They have the best donuts, beautiful donuts, believe me.
ChipFTAC01
AG
In most of their newer markets that's the case. In many of their legacy markets they are made fresh.
Post removed:
by user
txyaloo
AG
AggiePhil said:

althormoon said:

legalbird said:

Seriously???
Seriously. Most restaurants have their donuts delivered frozen from the DCP. They're "cooked" in an oven. Hardly anything is made from "scratch". Some restaurants in the north east still fry donuts in house. Those are usually great when fresh. Any of the frozen product is eclipsed in Texas by Shipley's or any of the "donut palace" type places.
AndesAg92
AG
txyaloo said:

AggiePhil said:

althormoon said:

legalbird said:

Seriously???
Seriously. Most restaurants have their donuts delivered frozen from the DCP. They're "cooked" in an oven. Hardly anything is made from "scratch". Some restaurants in the north east still fry donuts in house. Those are usually great when fresh. Any of the frozen product is eclipsed in Texas by Shipley's or any of the "donut palace" type places.

Don't think you can ever beat Shipley's when you hit it at the perfect time and get the freshys right off the glazer.

I also like their kolaches when they are done right, but would prefer other places if going out for just kolaches.
Last Page
Page 1 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.