Looking for Lawyer to enforce HOA deed restrictions

2,731 Views | 5 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by ShinerBlonde
MadDog73
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I am in a situation where the HOA board is not enforcing deed restrictions for one particular home owner. I suspect it is because he is friends with the developer that also is on the board. I need to hire a lawyer to light a fire under their a$$.
woodiewood1
Is it a deed restriction being violated or the HOA CC&Rs?
MadDog73
AG
HOA CC&Rs
woodiewood1
Have you talked to HOA board? If so and they blew you off, and the issue is that important ot you , you might consider having your attorney send them a letter concerning your objections to their not enforcing the CC&Rs and their selective enforcement.

Be forewarned that the HOA could make your life miserable over the next few years.
George Costanza
Joshua Benn, Stephen Moon or Travis Normand.
Tumble Weed
Ours isn't enforced either. Last HOA was same story second verse.

What neighborhood are you in?
ShinerBlonde
AG
Are you sure they aren't already pursuing legal remedies for this violation? Have they told you they are not going to enforce the restriction? Is it an enforceable rule? Sometimes HOAs include rules they can't actually enforce. A good example is street parking. Unless the community is gated they have no control over street parking as the streets belong to the city. Just curious what the issue is exactly.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.