Debris in our streets

2,544 Views | 8 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by The Brazos Kid
Txmoe
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Has anyone else noticed all the debris that is piling up on the shoulders of our main streets (in CS)? Also includes bypass. I'm sure the city administration would like to blame the shutdown but this started well before the pandemic. My question is, who is supposed to be in charge of cleanup? I assume the bypass is maintained by the state but not really sure.

I don't remember this being such a problem before. Why the change?
doubledog
I have not seen the prison workers out picking up the trash.
MisterShipWreck
doubledog said:

Those people who wear the vests and pick up on the highways... They are not prisoners. They are paid workers.
doubledog
MisterShipWreck said:

doubledog said:

Those people who wear the vests and pick up on the highways... They are not prisoners. They are paid workers.
I stand corrected.
TLIAC
AG
You are correct, Highway 6 is maintained by TxDot. City should be responsible for the other main streets. TxDot probably has 2818 and maybe Wellborn. I'm not sure how they split that up. You should be able to go online and send your question to Public Works. They are usually pretty responsive.
legalbird
I think the inmates would like to keep our town clean. Win Win.
AgGunNut
AG
Keep in mind that several stretches of roadway are kept clean by "adopt a highway" organizations. Due to TAMU not having many students around (or at least not holding events as usual), many probably have not gathered for their trash pick-up days.
Tim Weaver
legalbird said:

I think the inmates would like to keep our town clean. Win Win.
They still do in Brenham. With striped suits and a Chain Boss watching them with a shotgun.

If you ever work a special event in Brenham like the Washington Co Fair, for instance you'll see them there every night cleaning up the place. Pretty cool dudes. They are all trustees at county. Mostly DUI or Drug charges. Typically decent folks when they are sober.
MisterShipWreck
AgGunNut said:

Keep in mind that several stretches of roadway are kept clean by "adopt a highway" organizations. Due to TAMU not having many students around (or at least not holding events as usual), many probably have not gathered for their trash pick-up days.
They tend to pick up a highway right before it is going to get mowed.

People bid contracts to the state. Whoever wins the contract then gets their own employees to do the work...
The Brazos Kid
The priority right now is planting more beautiful trees and shrubbery
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.