Fuji Vaccine Lab

2,427 Views | 4 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by rocketscience
oklaunion
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Haven't heard if the oft-hyped Fuji Lab near the medical center is in full operation yet with this pandemic looming. Last I heard, via a KBTX short story, it was a spotless facility but had no gear in there either.
Eliminatus
AG
The NCTM is a production center. Great place (I've trained there) but they can only make what has been developed. There is no vaccine as of yet for this.
oklaunion
Almost a year since I posted my question. Are they in full production and shipping it out yet?
Sweet Kitten Feet
S
https://today.tamu.edu/2021/01/11/texas-am-system-subcontractor-begins-production-of-two-covid-19-vaccine-candidates/#:~:text=COVID%2D19-,Texas%20A%26M%20System%20Subcontractor%20Begins%20Production%20Of%20Two%20COVID%2D19,through%20the%20end%20of%202021.
oklaunion
In mid January of this year, this excerpt from the above article appeared:

"After several months of intense preparation and hard work, we are ready to produce two vaccine candidates locally here in College Station," said Dr. Gerry Farrell, Chief Operating Officer, FUJIFILM Diosynth Biotechnologies, Texas. "We are pleased to bring our technical expertise and world-class facilities to support the mission of Operation Warp Speed in bringing a safe and effective vaccine to the world."

Just wondering if they are producing anything yet. I called the county judge's office a few weeks back and they didn't have a clue. Anyone here work there?
rocketscience
AG
I think the vaccine they're producing is not approved by the FDA yet. I believe it's the Novavax vaccine.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.