South CS internet options?

1,986 Views | 13 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by EBrazosAg
CS78
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I know this has been asked before but things change. Located in Creek Meadows. Currently have frontier. Been happy with reliability so have stuck with them but lately performance has dropped way off for what I'm paying. What is the best option for under about $90 a month? Reliability is the main requirement, kids watching movies, etc. Thanks!
UmustBKidding
You probably can get Suddenlink, more perfomant but never know about reliable. You might be able to get 20M from frontier in cm, I have on gpt. CEO is a wireless option but if you have something working I probably would no go there.
AgTrip
I'm out by the racetrack and use Brazos wifi. Very happy with them. Suddenlink is terrible. The customer service is nonexistant. Two hour hold times only to schedule techs who dont shownup. Ridiculous.
CS78
Thanks for the info.

Looks like suddenlink is pretty terrible. Lots of bad reviews of CEO. I emailed Brazos wifi but looks like we are on the edge of coverage.

Any other options?
InMyOpinion
Not gonna comment on Suddenlink customer service but their internet is the best you can get. Frontier is horrible.
75AG
AG
CS78 said:

Thanks for the info.

Looks like suddenlink is pretty terrible. Lots of bad reviews of CEO. I emailed Brazos wifi but looks like we are on the edge of coverage.

Any other options?
Don't know how far south you are, but we have CEO fiber and it's quite good. Few, if any outages, and their customer service has been top-notch. We're in Duck Haven.
labmansid
CS78 said:

Thanks for the info.

Any other options?
Not sure where you are getting bad reviews of CEO, but we have had them for about three years now and no real complaints here. Service has gone down maybe once per year for more than an hour at a time, and if they do maintenance/upgrades with planned outages they let you know ahead of time. It is expensive for what you get, but that's the nature of living on the fringes of regular services.

Don't get me started about Frontier. I tried them briefly a couple of years ago. Terrible service, lied about what they can offer, lied about how much it would cost. That's all I've got to say about that.

I have heard some horror stories about Suddenlink on this board. We had their service for about a year four or five years ago when we briefly lived in town. I do remember maybe a few times it went down, but usually only briefly. Maybe service outages are more frequent in certain areas. If I had access to Suddenlink service now, I personally would do it in a heartbeat. Much more cost effective service than what is otherwise available, especially in today's streaming age.

91_Aggie
AG
I had Verizon/Frontier for years.
Once Verizon spun-off to Frontier, the service sucked donkey-balls.
and fastest they had was about 6MB download.

I switched to Suddenlink internet about 3 years ago and have had nary a problem since with superfast download and upload.

I know Suddenlink customer service sucks, but the actual internet service has been outstanding.
fulofenergy
I'll share my suddenlink horror story.

between July 1st and September 1st 2018, it took 31 phone calls totaling 434 minutes, 6 technician visits, and $389.70 (not including my monthly internet bill) for Suddenlink Communications to finally send someone out to fix my internet. They reran the line from the main junction to my house, made me buy a new router the whole 9 yards. It never got fixed - I had outages multiple times a day, and when there was internet is was 1/10 the speed I was paying for. I just accepted the fact that I would have ****ty internet. Once I moved, I was setting up the internet at my new house and while on the phone the support agent noticed that they had my router registered as something different than what it was and what they had my router registered as was not compatible with the service I signed up for....

When suddenlink works, it works great. but lord forbid you ever have any problems because it will be countless hours waiting on the phone and incompetent techs.
CS78
Thanks for all the info. Brazoswifi is coming out today to see if they can make it work. I'm on the edge of the neighborhood and have a high pitch roof so it looks like it might work.
hopeandrealchange
CS78 said:

Thanks for all the info. Brazoswifi is coming out today to see if they can make it work. I'm on the edge of the neighborhood and have a high pitch roof so it looks like it might work.

I wish I could get line of sight to a Brazos WiFi tower.
Our only option was CEO and apparently they know it.
Really don't know if they know what customer service is. I hate being over a barrel all the while taking it in the back side.
CS78
hopeandrealchange said:

CS78 said:

Really don't know if they know what customer service is. I hate being over a barrel all the while taking it in the back side.
They climbed up to the top of the roof and said I should be good to go. Setting me up Monday morning. Its surprising in a town like ours that there aren't more good options.
hopeandrealchange
CS78 said:

hopeandrealchange said:

CS78 said:

They climbed up to the top of the roof and said I should be good to go. Setting me up Monday morning. Its surprising in a town like ours that there aren't more good options.

Slim Jim is a good Dude.
BrazosWifi
CS78, we look forward to getting you hooked up.

Although our wireless is what we are known for, we have started investing in fiber-to-the-home under the NET-FAST brand name.

So far this year, we have installed 14.4 miles and I expect we will be at 16 miles by Christmas (if the weather permits).

We are currently focused on the Steep Hollow area and Hearne. You can check out our map (updated weekly): http://gis.brazosfiber.com/public_data/map.php

Our primary goal is to run fiber where there isn't good options (including Southern CS areas). Even our wireless service can be improved upon and fiber is that improvement.

We are building out as fast as time and budget allows. I hope we can get everyone access to fiber in the coming years.
Sponsor Message: http://BrazosWiFi.com | Fast and reliable internet for the Brazos Valley | info@BrazosWiFi.com | 979-999-7000
EBrazosAg
AG
Moved to Brazos WiFi after using Rise and another local option for fixed wireless. Won't waste time talking about the first two. Switch to Brazos WiFi was best decision in a long time. You will be happy !
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.