mental health thearapist

2,474 Views | 6 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by JaxDad
JaxDad
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Any recommendations for a counselor for a 15 year old girl. Female preferred but not a must. Thanks
MiMi
S
Rachel Vines at Baylor Scott&White. My 14-yr-old daughter has been her patient for about a year.
George Costanza
Check out NAMI Brazos Valley.
MrsGDub04
AG
I'd recommend checking into A&M Christian Counseling Center and the Oakwood Collaborative.
JeepWaveEarl
AG
Have her go see Brandi Riley -- she's amazing and someone that age girl would really connect with. She holds a group specifically for teens as well which I think is VERY much needed and may be a great resource for the child.

Group for Teens
Coping Skills for Anxiety and Depression"
Hosting the 5 weeks before school starts back up
(July 23, 30, August 6, 13, 20).
*flexible on time, 1.5 hr group*
6 participants at a maximum

http://www.legacycounselinglpc.com/

Also, just fyi, I tried to get my child in at Vines at a recommendation and they told me they couldn't schedule anything for her and that I could fill out a ton of paperwork to submit to her and would likely never get scheduled in. The actual scheduling agent told me basically yeah you won't get in so don't waste your time.
ro828
Texas A&M has great services available in Milner Hall. (979) 845-8017. For general information, contact Brazos County Juvenile Services. (979) 823-3544. Your child doesn't have to be involved in the criminal justice system. Just ask to speak with any of their counselors and you can get good advice. Also, there's the STAR Program (Services To At Risk Youth) (979) 260-7336. And good luck.
Donny Hall
I trust Cameron if you needed more options.

http://www.oakwoodcounseling.com/author/cameron-house/
JaxDad
AG
Thank you for all the recommendations. This is a tough time and my wife is learning how the Aggie family has our back.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.