TAMU campus scavenger hunt

4,071 Views | 11 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by jac4
jac4
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG

For my daughter's 10th party, she wants to have a photo scavenger hunt with friends on the A&M campus. We plan to do it later this fall on a Saturday with an away game. While we have lived here since 2012 as adults, we only minimally set foot on the campus and it has changed a lot since 2000 when I graduated.

What are some good and fun ideas for scavenger hunt tasks?

I'm thinking stuff like take a pic of a kid (party attendee) riding a rental bike, taking a group pic at various statues on campus (bonus points if you include a college student in the pic), taking a pic in front of the 3D printers at Zachry (bonus points if you include a college student with something they actually 3D printed).
Slagathor
AG
Found a list of landmarks and statues, maybe pictures with some of these?
https://www.myaggienation.com/campus_evolution/landmark_statues/

Old Reddit thread of A&M campus secrets:
https://www.reddit.com/r/aggies/comments/2jtaaw/what_are_your_favorite_oncampus_secrets/

Sounds like a very fun idea!
JaneDoe02
AG
Just a heads up, they may not be able to go inside a lot of buildings on campus (Zachary, etc). Most buildings are locked up on the weekends for security reasons. Departments can grant ID card swipe access to staff and students but the general public won't be able to get in.

I'd stick with things like statues, Century Tree, etc. The dining halls, libraries and MSC should be open though.

Good Luck! Sounds like fun!
rc_cat
Speaking from a point of being almost completely ignorant of the situation, I think you'd be able to get a picture of a party attendee sitting on a campus bike, but don't you have to have an account/unlock it before it can actually be ridden? Just something to consider.

Sounds like a fun day outside in gorgeous weather!
AggiePhil
AG
Photo at/in each of the water fountains, including the really obscure ones.
bobinator
AG
Zachry is open on the weekends. The room with the 3D printers isn't always open though so it might be dark. You could do a photo with the Aggie Ring that's been to the moon which is in Zachry also.

I need to think up some more ideas.
bobinator
AG
Is everyone going to be in a car or like running around in a group?

Trying to think through the best to do this logistically. I consider myself something of a campus buff so been having fun thinking of this. What you could maybe do is have a set route with certain stops in a circle around campus, but then have some like 'bonus' things that you know are along the way so the kids have to keep their eyes peeled as you're walking.

Example route stops: (assuming parking near Kyle Field)

Pinky Wilson Statue, Corps Arches, Animal Industries Building (animal skulls on the exterior of the building, Big silver art piece (Prototype for Stellar Interloper (Silver Surfer)) in Zachry, Pendulum in the Mitchell Physics Building, Fish Pond outside of Sbisa, Sul Ross Statue, 3D printed campus map in the MSC, E. King Gill statue at the end.

Bonuses:

Any Aggie Rings: (Quad, Zachry, some of the statues, MSC, you if the kids notice?)
Statues (but not memorials... nobody wants to be learning about 9/11 on their birthday)
Fountains
Markers for things that no longer exist (streets, buildings, etc)
musicforall
Please remind them to stay off the MSC grass and away from Bonfire memorial.

Ideas: any piano in the MSC
Miss Rev (picture or real life)
Century Tree
Picture of leaving a penny at Sully
Posing with someone wearing an TAMU shirt with someone wearing a shirt from another team.

All this can be done without crossing any large roads.
CapeAggie89
AG
We did this with my wife's cousin's (all Ags) Was a lot of fun for the parents as well as the kids.

One thing to think about is that you can stop and all have a meal at Sbisa.
Captn_Ag05
AG
Where are those grass benches that I have seen on social media several times?
src94
AG
Currently, and for the past few weeks, the ring that's been to the moon is in a room that has been closed for some reason, possibly repairs or maintenance.
src94
bobinator
AG
According to a source they replaced the touchscreen table that was in the room, but it should be back open soon. It should certainly be open if you're planning this for next month on an away game weekend.
jac4
AG
CapeAggie89 said:

We did this with my wife's cousin's (all Ags) Was a lot of fun for the parents as well as the kids.

One thing to think about is that you can stop and all have a meal at Sbisa.

Any other high pints that you'd recommend we hit up? Definitely going to keep it to the main block of campus.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.